STMicroelectronics is enhancing software support for smartphone app developers to unleash the full potential from the ne...
The STMicroelectronics ALED1262ZT 12-channel LED driver targets advanced automotive rear combination lamps and interior lighting...
TouchGFX is a free tool in the STM32 ecosystem. Comprising two parts -- TouchGFX Designer PC tool for designing and configuring rich user interfaces, and TouchGFX Engine software that runs on the end-device to secure high UI performance -- the latest version 4.12 contains updates to both. Users can now build sophisticated user interfaces on one-chip display solutions without external RAM or flash, save power for longer battery life, and benefit from easier development to get to market faster.
In TouchGFX Engine, a partial framebuffer mode now allows the buffer to operate using as little as 6KB of RAM. A fully functioning user interface can now have just 16KB of RAM, so that small STM32 MCUs can deliver great user experiences without external memory. Also new, 8-bit luminance (L8) with 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit palettes reduces demand for flash memory. Even with this smaller memory, TouchGFX maximizes performance by leveraging the STM32 Chrom-ART Accelerator™ to accelerate graphics and handle sophisticated effects. There is also a new cacheable container with dynamic bitmap that reduces CPU loading to run smooth and fluid animations at high frame rates.
Users can also now choose 6-bit color depth, which saves both RAM and flash while making 64 colors available for creating entry-level GUIs. Support for external non-memory-mapped flash is also new and helps build basic user interfaces within tight system resources.
The updates to TouchGFX Designer include extensions to the powerful set of customizable widgets, adding features such as Scale and Rotate that increase the power of simple drag-and-drop programming. Custom triggers and actions reduce reliance on coding to create sophisticated features, and a new Image tab lets users quickly configure individual attributes such as image format, dither algorithm, and layout rotation. There are also performance improvements that accelerate automatic code generation and reduce loading time, as well as new easy-to-use functions for guiding text, such as bring-forward and send-to-back.
The complete TouchGFX Suite, including TouchGFX Designer and TouchGFX Engine, is available to download free of charge from www.st/com/touchgfxdesigner.
- 1Würth Elektronik Introduces WSEN-PADS Absolute Pressure Sensor
- 2u-blox’s Latest Meter-level Positioning Technology Offers Enhanced GNSS Performance
- 3Renesas Premieres RE Family for Its SOTB Process-Based Energy Harvesting Embedded Controller
- 4STMicroelectronics Updates TouchGFX Suite to Elevate UI and Reduce Memory and CPU Needs in STM32 MCU
- 5Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC
- 6Avalue’s Latest PICMG COM R3.0 Type 6 module, ESM-CFH
- 7HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs
- 8DELO Introduces Compact LED Curing Lamp DELOLUX 503
- 9The VPC-3350S: Mobile, Flexible and Customizable
- 10NexCOBOT Introduces the AI-enabled Smart Robot Box Series to Revolutionize Smart Manufacturing