Flex Power Modules has added new features to make its Flex Power Designer software even easier to use for digital power system design...
Flex Power Modules announced the release of the PKJ4000 series of DC/DC converters primarily targeting radio frequency p...
This wide input voltage range means that equipment designers can use just one DC-DC converter for products intended for use anywhere in the world, which makes installation, qualification and aftermarket support easier. Equipment for use in railway rolling stock must meet a wide range of standard input voltages, which varies from country to country. Previously, therefore, manufacturers would have to create at least two variants: one designed for lower voltages such as 24V, 36V and 48V, and another for higher voltages such as 72V, 96V, and 110V.
These nominal voltages are defined in the EN50155 standard, which also sets requirements for handling voltage dips and spikes. This means the lowest voltage a 24V-based system must deal with is in fact 14.4V, and the highest voltage for a 110V-based system is 154V.
Olle Hellgren, Director of Product Management and Business Development at Flex Power Modules, said: “These new modules enable equipment designers to simplify how they handle different countries’ power requirements – saving time and reducing costs.’’
Making them well-suited to use in harsh environments, the modules are fully encapsulated to stop dust, moisture and corrosion, as well as being resistant to vibration – thus improving reliability. They incorporate input under voltage protection, output over current protection, output over voltage protection, and over temperature protection, which enables them to avoid damage to the modules themselves, and the equipment they are powering.
The PKM7100W provides up to 100W output power, at 5V, 12V, 13.8V, 15V, 24V, 48V and 54V output voltages. The PKM7500W provides up to 50W at the same output voltages, as well as 3.3V.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 3Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 4STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 5PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 6u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 9HOLTEK New BA45F6720/6740/6746 CO/GAS Detector MCUs
- 10Toshiba Announces Updated 4TB, 6TB and 8TB Enterprise Capacity HDD Models