Tainan City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) launches its new range of large-format tri-color displays that render text and images in yellow, as well as black and white...
Pervasive Displays (PDi) today announces the strengthening of its red tri-color EPD line-up with the launch of two new sizes of display...
Along with their high resolution, ultra-low power operation and fast update cycle, the displays also feature integrated timing controllers, an extended operating temperature range of 0°C to +40°C and one-time programmable (OTP) capability.
The new additions to Pervasive Displays’ extensive portfolio of EPD modules meet the demands of more challenging environments, such as in healthcare, out-of-home digital signage and information displays, as well as delivering greater functionality for retail applications such as Electronic Shelf Labelling (ESL).
By integrating the timing controller, manufacturers are able to realize simpler designs and get to market faster. The potential reduction in PCB area and bill of materials will also allow a reduction in total size and weight, or more space to be dedicated to the battery, allowing the displays to operate even longer on a single primary cell.
“A key benefit of EPD technology is its persistence when power is removed,” explained Alchin Wang, General Manager, Pervasive Displays. “The new E24581JS084 and E2969JS084 EPD modules build on this by providing greater resolution and a larger display size that can be used in a wide variety of applications where reliability is paramount, such as cold chain food logistics and healthcare.”
The OTP feature of the E24581JS084 and E2969JS084 works alongside the internal timing controller, allowing an image waveform to be stored inside the display driver. This removes the need for the host processor to load an image at start-up, delivering a shorter time to first image and enhancing the overall user experience.
Find out more about the displays
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3unitech Introduces Its Rugged Smartphone for Retail Solutions – EA500Plus
- 4STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 5Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 6ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 7BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 10Samsung Introduces Industry’s First All-in-One Power ICs Optimized for Wireless Earbuds