u-blox and Sapcorda Services GmbH today announced their partnership to implement the newly established SPARTN format as correction interface...
u-blox and greenTEG are announcing the commercial launch of a new venture brand, named CORE. It is a wearable for continuous and accurate core body temperature monitoring...
“The new SARA-R422 product series offers superior security protection, industrial output power to grant best coverage even in weak signal conditions, and everywhere location using state-of-the-art u-blox GNSS technology”, says Rado Sustersic, Senior Product Manager, Product Center Cellular at u‑blox. “These represent valuable functionalities tailored specifically to the LPWA IoT market.”
The SARA-R4 series is ideal for a wide range of mission-critical IoT solutions such as connected healthcare, industrial monitoring, point of sale and vending terminals, tracking and telematics devices, as well as smart lighting solutions and building automation.
Security features include a unique and immutable root of trust (RoT) for each device, as well as access to a scalable pre-shared key (PSK) management system. This provides the foundation for a trusted set of advanced security functionalities to enable data encryption and decryption, both on device as well as from device to cloud. The choice of PSK based security, rather than the more complex and computationally intensive public key infrastructure (PKI) approach, strikes the right balance between implementation costs and level of security protection for many IoT applications.
All SARA-R422 modules provide 23 dBm output power, allowing the end device to properly operate in all network conditions. This means no issues at cell edges, no coverage issues in weak signal conditions, and, even more importantly, no unwanted re-transmission that shortens battery life by increasing transmit time and overall system power consumption.
The SARA-R422M8S is pre-integrated with the u-blox M8 GNSS (global navigation satellite system) receiver and a separate GNSS antenna interface. This uniquely provides highly reliable, accurate positioning data simultaneously with LTE communications. The module also supports hybrid positioning strategies, in which positioning data provided by satellite constellations is enhanced with data from the u-blox CellLocate® service, ensuring that location data is always available everywhere.
“Furthermore,” says Rado Sustersic, “the series is designed for long working lifetimes in the field, through the inclusion of support for LWM2M, a lightweight machine-to-machine communications protocol ideal for IoT applications with the possibility of updating the firmware of modules already in the field over the air via the uFOTA (Firmware Over The Air) client/server firmware service provided by u-blox”.
The u-blox SARA-R4 series will be presented at the upcoming Embedded World Nuremberg, Germany (February 25-27, 2020; Hall 3/Stand 3-139).
- 1HOLTEK New HT32F59741 Enhanced 24-bit A/D Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU
- 2STMicroelectronics Launches Ultra-Economical Synchronous-Rectification Controllers in 6-Pin Packages
- 3Renesas Introduces New I3C Bus Extension Products
- 4STMicroelectronics Simplifies Design and Boosts Safety with Highly Integrated Universal Car-Lock IC
- 5Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 6Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 7Size-optimized congatec SMARC 2.1 Carrier Board Makes Intel Atom Processor Based 3.5" SBCs Modular
- 8Renesas Unveils RZ/V Microprocessor Series with Vision-Optimized AI Accelerator
- 9Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 10Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V