STMicroelectronics has extended its portfolio of ST25R NFC reader ICs with a new addition to the successful digital car key line, the ST25R3920...
Arrow Electronics, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics (ST) have introduced a low-power wireless multi-sensor edge-intelligence solution for smart factory...
The MLC performs basic AI pre-processing of motion data using about 0.001 times the power a typical microcontroller (MCU) would consume to complete the same task. As a result, IMUs featuring this IP can offload the host MCU, enabling longer battery runtime, lower maintenance, and reduced size and weight in context-aware and motion-sensing devices.
Following the launch of the first MLC-enhanced commercial IMU last year, ST’s LSM6DSRX and ISM330DHCX are ready for high-end consumer and industrial applications such as augmented/virtual reality, drone flight controls, dead-reckoning navigation systems, disk-antenna positioning systems, fleet management, container-tracking devices, and dynamic inclinometers for industrial vehicles. The consumer-grade LSM6DSRX contains a 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis digital gyroscope with extended full-scale angular-rate range up to ±4000dps and leading-edge performance in temperature and time. The industrial-grade ISM330DHCX comes with 10-year product-longevity assurance and is specified from -40°C to 105°C, with embedded temperature compensation for superior stability.
In each device, the MLC interacts with integrated finite-state machine (FSM) logic, which can run simple repetitive algorithms like counting steps, hits, or rotations at lower power than is possible in a microcontroller. The FSM signals to the main controller after detecting a preset number of events or after a defined time has elapsed.
Both devices are in production now. The ISM330DHCX is available as a 14-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) device.
- 1AAEON SD-WAN Solutions Powering Work-From-Home to Keep Business Running
- 2VPC-3350AI: Faster Performance for AI at the Edge
- 3STM32Cube MCU Development Software from STMicroelectronics Now on GitHub
- 4Renesas Extends Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity to RA Family of 32-Bit MCUs with Arm Cortex-M Core
- 5HOLTEK New BS83A04C Low Power Enhanced Touch MCU
- 6UP Xtreme: Powering Intelligent Surveillance Solutions
- 7HOLTEK New Arm Cortex-M0+ Ｂased 32-bit Flash MCU Series HT32F573xx
- 8Toshiba Releases MOSFET Gate Driver Switch IPD for Automotive ECUs
- 9Wide Selection of High-Frequency Connectors
- 10Toshiba’s 600V Small Intelligent Power Device Helps Lower Motor Power Dissipation