Renesas Electronics introduced the magnet-free IPS2200 inductive position sensor. Featuring high accuracy and speed, total stray field immunity...
Renesas Electronics introduced the RZ/V series of microprocessors (MPUs), which features DRP-AI (Dynamically Reconfigurable Processor)...
These new products provide maximum design flexibility for engineers implementing I3C Basic as a system management bus in applications where there may be multiple masters, a large number of endpoint devices, and long traces – all of which can impact bus complexity and signal integrity. The integrated thermal sensor allows for better integration of thermal management into the bus design itself and can reduce the number of dedicated thermal sensor endpoints.
Next-generation compute architectures are leading the transition to I3C as the system management bus of choice following the JEDEC standard adoption of I3C Basic for the DDR5 memory sideband. The increase in memory subsystem complexity with distributed power management, telemetry and thermal management at the sub-channel level requires higher sideband bus bandwidth.
Furthermore, emerging needs for advanced thermal control loops, security and component authentication, and more robust fault tolerance and recovery are driving similar needs for a high bandwidth interface across the entire server control plane. I3C Basic provides an ideal solution to serve all of these needs. It enables system management architectures to provide granular information about the server resource status during bootup and runtime. This allows system managers to implement effective workload migration and server load balancing to significantly optimize server utilization.
“The complexity of intelligent platform management in modern data center equipment has finally outstripped the capabilities of decades-old interfaces like I2C and SMBus,” said Rami Sethi, Vice President, Data Center Business Division at Renesas. “We are excited to offer an entire lineup of I3C bus extension devices for large-scale, high-speed control plane designs that enable sophisticated capabilities for environmental control, advanced telemetry, security, and fault recovery.”
- 1HOLTEK New HT32F59741 Enhanced 24-bit A/D Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU
- 2STMicroelectronics Launches Ultra-Economical Synchronous-Rectification Controllers in 6-Pin Packages
- 3Renesas Introduces New I3C Bus Extension Products
- 4STMicroelectronics Simplifies Design and Boosts Safety with Highly Integrated Universal Car-Lock IC
- 5Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 6Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 7Size-optimized congatec SMARC 2.1 Carrier Board Makes Intel Atom Processor Based 3.5" SBCs Modular
- 8Renesas Unveils RZ/V Microprocessor Series with Vision-Optimized AI Accelerator
- 9Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 10Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V