STMicroelectronics’ EVL400W-EUPL7 evaluation board delivers a ready-to-use 400-Watt power-supply solution that meets today’s toughest eco-design norms...
STMicroelectronics has launched 26 new Schottky diodes in low-profile SMA and SMB Flat packages, covering voltage ratings from 25 to 200V and current ratings from 1 to 5A...
Featuring a wide input-voltage range of 8V-60V, maximum switch resistance (RDS(on)) of 120mΩ, and10µs rise/fall time with 20µs propagation delay, these devices combine design flexibility, low power dissipation, and fast response. Extended diagnostics facilitate the design of safety-instrumented functions by indicating open load, over-current cut-off, and over-temperature shutdown.
The IPS160HF and IPS161HF safely drive complex resistive, capacitive, and inductive loads with one side connected to ground, such as valves, relays, and lamps. In addition to SIL-rated applications such as safety sensors, they can be used in general factory-automation and process-control equipment such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), I/O peripherals, and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines.
As intelligent power switches, the IPS160HF and IPS161HF integrate a logic interface, driving circuitry, various protection features, and an N-channel power-MOSFET output stage. The output stage is internally limited at 2.5A minimum output current for the IPS160HF and 0.7A for the IPS161HF. Both devices withstand an applied supply voltage of up to 65V and integrate active-clamp circuitry for handling inductive loads.
Built-in safeguards include ground-disconnect and VCC-disconnect protection, thermal shutdown, undervoltage lock-out, and short-circuit cut-off to protect the IC, the application, and the load against overstress. The cut-off acts after a delay time, which is programmed with an external capacitor, and provides non-dissipative protection that minimizes overheating.
- 1Renesas Introduces DDR5 Data Buffer for High-Performance Server and Cloud Service Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches Photorelays in New Package for High-density Mounting
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F4560 MCU with 4-level Adjustable Bandwidth OPA
- 4COM Express Module Supports PCIe Gen4 and AI Optimization
- 5Avalue Bringing 3.5-inch Embedded SBCs, ECM-APL, ECM-APL2-A & ECM-APL2-B
- 6ST Eases Design of Advanced Energy-Saving Power Supplies with Eco-Certified 400W Evaluation Board
- 7STMicroelectronics Reveals Fast-Starting Intelligent Power Switches for Demanding Safety Application
- 8BOXER-6842: Powering the Next Generation of Edge AI