Swissbit launches EN-20, a new single chip solution which offers high speed PCIe SSD performance in a 3.2cm² BGA package...
3D-NAND-based SSD’s are common in consumer markets. Swissbit is now pleased to introduce a range of 3D-NAND-SSD produc...
The new product range features industrial grade 3D-NAND that supports an ambient temperature range from -40°C to +85°C. The SSD-module combines high grade NAND flash chips, a sophisticated PCIe controller and firmware that supports demanding applications. The PCIe 4-lane interface with backwards compatibility to single or dual lane system designs operates according to the latest PCIe-3.1 specification and offers high bandwidth up to 1600 MB/s for sequential read and 770 MB/s for sequential write. Random performance surpasses 145,000 / 130,000 IOPS for read and write and nearly doubles the bandwidth of SATA SSDs.
For low power consumption without sacrificing performance, the new Swissbit SSD-module N-20m2 has an HMB (host memory buffer) feature, which uses system DRAM memory to maintain the flash translation table. Intelligent thermal management protects the long-term stability of the controller and maintains a continuous bandwidth even at the highest specified temperature of 85°C ambient. Other reliability and security features are End-to-End Data Path Protection (ETEP), AES-256 encryption, LDPC error correction with full page fail recovery and a protection against sudden power loss. Data care management adds extra protection of the stored data at high operating temperatures. For long term mechanical stability, the N-20m2 is designed with a 30 µinch gold-plated connector.
The NVMe protocol has been designed to efficiently use the bandwidth with a native nonvolatile memory command set resulting in ultra-low latency.
Swissbit thus offers a high performance, high reliability, cost efficient, true industrial SSD with up to 1 DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day) endurance. For even higher endurance requirements, N-26m2 offers a 10-fold writability in full pSLC mode.
“The N-20m2 is our dedicated solution for the latest PCIe based industrial and NetCom systems that demand increased performance without sacrificing stability, thermal resistance and endurance. With the development of our EN-20 BGA our designers have created a really small but powerful and robust module. Comprehensive and detailed SMART information combined with our monitoring tool lets users easily control the life time status of the SSD and schedule maintenance. What you get is a product that perfectly meets the requirements of the next generation of IoT systems” explains Roger Griesemer, General Manager Memory Solutions at Swissbit AG.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 3Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 4STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 5u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 6PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 9HOLTEK New BA45F6720/6740/6746 CO/GAS Detector MCUs
- 10u-blox Announces High Performance NORA-B1 Bluetooth Module for Advanced Applications