Published: Oct 16,2017
STMicroelectronics announced its cooperation with Alibaba Cloud to provide a complete cloud-to-node IoT solution to the market. The cooperation will allow any designer to easily create IoT nodes and gateways using ST's key semiconductor building blocks for the IoT, run Alibaba's IoT operating system AliOS on the node, and seamlessly connect with the Alibaba Cloud for faster time-to-market of large-volume IoT applications...
With the prospects of large 450mm wafers going nowhere, IC manufacturers are increasing efforts to maximize fabrication plants using 300mm and 200mm diameter silicon substrates. The number of 300mm wafer production-class fabs in operation worldwide is expected to increase each year between now and 2021 to reach 123 compared to 98 in 2016, according to the forecast in IC Insights...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – Acer announced today that eight of its products have been honored with a 2017 Good Design Award for outstanding product design. The award-winning Acer products include a 360-degree camera, 360-degree dash cam, indoor air quality monitor, all-in-one desktop PC, and four notebooks...
Spirent Communications announced today it has signed an agreement to partner with the China Mobile 5G Joint Innovation Center Project. As part of the first phase of the 5G C-RAN project, Spirent and the China Mobile 5G C-RAN Working Group successfully completed automated performance testing...
Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $411.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 19.7 percent from 2016, according to Gartner, Inc. This represents the strongest growth since the 2010 recovery from the financial crisis when revenue increased by 31...
DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce, estimates that mobile (LPDDR) DRAM products will see sequentially quarterly price increases in the average range of 10~15% in the fourth quarter of 2017. This price hike is attributed to DRAM suppliers seeking to correct price differences among various applications as well as the year-end busy season in the smartphone market...
- 1Mobile DRAM Prices to Go Up by 10~15% in 4Q17, Says TrendForce
- 2Taiwan’s CPT Successful Lights QLED Display Technology
- 3NAND Flash Market to Regain Balance in 2018 with Annual Bit Supply Growing by 42.9%, TrendForce Says
- 4E-Paper Turns to Public Displays, Fashion, and Architecture Applications
- 5TrendForce Finds x86 Processors Continues to Corner Server Market This Year
- 6China Semiconductor Fab Equipment Spending Forecasted to Over Than $12 Billion
- 7Taiwan's Foldable AMOLED Display Technology is Approaching Commercial Standards
- 8New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- 9Apple iPhone 7 Remained Top Smartphone Model in First Half of 2017, IHS Markit Says
- 10Toshiba Memory to Further Invest in Production Equipment for Fab 6 at Yokkaichi Operations