Published: Jan 09,2018
MediaTek today detailed its ongoing AI platform strategy to enable AI edge computing with its NeuroPilot AI platform. Through a combination of hardware and software, an AI processing unit (APU), and NeuroPilot SDK, MediaTek will bring AI across its wide-ranging technology portfolio -- a portfolio that powers 1...
Plessey Semiconductor today announces its commitment to being the first to market with a monolithic microLED based display based on GaN-on-Silicon. Plessey has also commenced an extensive licensing programme that will see the company license out its GaN-on-Silicon expertise to microLED manufacturers in line with its new business strategy of becoming the photonic industry’s foremost technology platform provider...
As they become more ubiquitous in homes and in various consumer electronics products, artificial intelligence (AI) and digital assistants are likely to be two of the major overarching themes at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES)...
Intel today launched its latest and most powerful Intel NUC, based on the newly announced 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with Radeon RX Vega M graphics. The new NUC will come in two versions: NUC8i7HVK and NUC8i7HNK. The NUC8i7HVK is based on the unlocked version of the new 8th Gen Intel Core processor with the Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics...
NVIDIA and Aurora today announced that they are working together to create a new Level 4 and Level 5 self-driving hardware platform that will use the NVIDIA DRIVE Xavier™ processor. At the opening press conference of CES 2018, NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang disclosed that NVIDIA’s automotive team is working with Aurora to bring up a new modular and scalable DRIVE Xavier platform that will bring autonomous vehicles to market...
TrendForce reveals that global shipments of VR devices reached 3.7 million units in 2017. In terms of shipments ranking, Sony took first place, followed by Oculus Rift in second and HTC Vive in third. As for 2018, TrendForce estimates that the shipments will come to 5 million units...
- 1Taiwan's Nanya Completes First Self-Developed 20nm 8GB DDR 4 DRAM
- 2The Top 10 Key ICT Trends to Observe in 2018
- 3Allion Labs Establishes IoT Innovation Center in Nantou, Taiwan
- 4China’s JHICC, Innotron Memory and Tsinghua Unigroup Emerge As Major Domestic Suppliers
- 5Macronix to Increase Its Advanced Process Manufacturing Capacity Next Year
- 6Broadcom Announces Industry’s First Silicon-Proven 7nm IP for ASICs in Deep Learning and Networking
- 7Sony Releases a Back-Illuminated Time-of-Flight Image Sensor
- 8VR Market Shipments at 5 Million Units in 2018, TrendForce Says
- 9Samsung Mass Producing Industry’s First 2nd-Gen, 10-Nanometer Class DRAM
- 10Global Smartphone Production Growth to Drop to 5% in 2018, Says TrendForce