Published: Nov 06,2019
The share of semiconductor industry capital spending held by the top five companies’ (i.e., Samsung, Intel, TSMC, SK Hynix, and Micron) is forecast to reach an all-time high of 68% this year, surpassing the previous record high of 67% recorded in 2013 and 2018...
Fingerprint Cards AB today announces the launch of a unique fingerprint authentication module, FPC BM-Lite, specifically designed for physical and logical access devices and applications such as residential, smart door locks, padlocks, cabinet locks, FIDO tokens, crypto wallets and more...
Worldwide end-user spending on wearable devices will total $52 billion in 2020 — an increase of 27% from 2019 — according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc. In 2019, worldwide wearable devices end-user spending is on pace to reach $41 billion...
Samsung SDI has become the first Li-ion battery manufacturer to fulfill the rack-level safety standards of the UL9540A test for Energy Storage System (ESS), which was developed by UL, a global safety certification company. The battery maker was recognized by the UL test for its capability of preventing large scale fire in the ESS by applying proprietary designs for safety of cells...
STMicroelectronics is enhancing software support for smartphone app developers to unleash the full potential from the new Core NFC Framework of the newly released iOS 13 operating system. The Core NFC Framework in iOS 13 enables reading and writing interactions with diverse types of NFC tags, including ISO/IEC 15693type-5 tags...
Resurgence of 16:10 Aspect Ratio Laptop to Occupy 2% Share of Non-Apple Market in 2020, Says TrendFo
The gradual technical maturation of narrow bezels means a higher screen-to-body ratio and wider, thinner laptops. With this change in the physical appearance of laptops, manufacturers are once again looking to incorporate panels with a 16:10 aspect ratio...
- 1R&D 100 Awards – Taiwanese Science and Technology Project Wins Five Grand Prizes
- 2Taiwan’s GLORIA Attracted $200 Million Global Business in Boston and Silicon Valley
- 3ITRI's iRoadSafe Wins ITS World Congress 2019 Industry Award
- 4Renesas Joins the Autonomous Vehicle Computing Consortium to Speed Autonomous Car Development
- 5Top 5 Share of Semiconductor Industry Capex to Set New Record in 2019
- 6MOST’S Tech Leaders Forum Creates Stronger Presence of Global Science Community
- 7AAEON Atlas Connecting Smart Cities across the Globe
- 8Two ITRI Technologies Win at 2019 R&D 100 Awards
- 9Taiwan’s Taishin Bank Selected as the Regional 2019 Gartner Eye on Innovation Award Winner
- 10u-blox High Precision Positioning Modules Provide Unmatched Performance Benefits to eVTOL Drones