Published: Oct 28,2019
HSINCHU, Taiwan - ITS World Congress 2019, one of the largest global events in smart transportation technologies, held its Hall of Fame Awards ceremony in Singapore on Oct. 23. The iRoadSafe technology developed by Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) won the Industry Award, marking a new milestone in Taiwan's smart transportation development...
An overwhelming majority of cybersecurity and risk management leaders believe that developments in 5G wireless technology will create cybersecurity challenges for their organizations. Their top three 5G-related concerns are greater risk of attacks on Internet of Things (IoT) networks, a wider attack surface and a lack of security by design in 5G hardware and firmware...
According to the latest analysis from the WitsView research division of TrendForce, the share of devices featuring AMOLED panels is expected to grow from 32.8% in 2019 to 38.0% in 2020 in the global smartphone marketplace, in response to an ever-increasing production capacity and smartphone makers' willingness to adopt the technology...
Mitsubishi Electric announced today that Mitsubishi Electric Group companies will donate a total of 20 million yen (approximately US$ 182,600) to aid victims following the disasters caused by Typhoon No. 19 (Hagibis). The Mitsubishi Electric Group expresses its deepest sympathies to those affected by the disaster and extends its sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery...
Imec presents a new thin-film monolithic image sensor that captures light in the near-infrared (NIR) and short-wavelength infrared (SWIR). Based on a monolithic approach, the process promises an order of magnitude gain in fabrication throughput and cost compared to processing today’s conventional IR imagers, while at the same time enabling multi-megapixel resolution...
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Hong Kong will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% from an estimated US$5.5bn in 2019 to US$5.7bn by the end of 2024. Mobile broadband will be the leading contributor to the country’s total telecom service revenue during 2019-2024, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company...
- 1R&D 100 Awards – Taiwanese Science and Technology Project Wins Five Grand Prizes
- 2Taiwan’s GLORIA Attracted $200 Million Global Business in Boston and Silicon Valley
- 3ITRI's iRoadSafe Wins ITS World Congress 2019 Industry Award
- 4Renesas Joins the Autonomous Vehicle Computing Consortium to Speed Autonomous Car Development
- 5Top 5 Share of Semiconductor Industry Capex to Set New Record in 2019
- 6MOST’S Tech Leaders Forum Creates Stronger Presence of Global Science Community
- 7AAEON Atlas Connecting Smart Cities across the Globe
- 8Two ITRI Technologies Win at 2019 R&D 100 Awards
- 9Taiwan’s Taishin Bank Selected as the Regional 2019 Gartner Eye on Innovation Award Winner
- 10u-blox High Precision Positioning Modules Provide Unmatched Performance Benefits to eVTOL Drones