Published: May 22,2020
Samsung Electronics announced plans to boost its foundry capacity at the company's new production line in Pyeongtaek, Korea, to meet growing global demand for cutting-edge extreme ultraviolet (EUV) solutions. The new foundry line, which will focus on EUV-based 5 nanometer (nm) and below process technology, has just commenced construction this month and is expected to be in full operation in the second half of 2021...
IC production in China represented 15.7% of its $125 billion IC market in 2019, up only slightly from 15.1% five years earlier in 2014. IC Insights forecasts that this share will increase by 5.0 percentage points to 20.7% in 2024 (one percentage point per year on average)...
Apple has sparked considerable discussions in the market after rumors surfaced that the company’s new 12.9-inch iPad Pro, to be released in 2021, may be equipped with Mini LED backlight technology. According to the newest investigations by the LEDinside research division of TrendForce, the manufacturing cost of Mini LED backlight displays is currently higher than that of traditional LCD and OLED displays...
Panasonic announced that it is making an equity investment in Blue Yonder — the leading end-to-end supply chain software provider. The investment via a secondary sale of shares values Blue Yonder at an enterprise value of $5...
Mitsubishi Electric announced today that on May 21 it will launch its MELFA ASSISTA series of robots that work collaboratively with humans based on safety features such as collision detection and strict compliance with the international safety and robotic standards ISO 10218-1 and ISO/TS15066...
Arrow Electronics, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics (ST) have introduced a low-power wireless multi-sensor edge-intelligence solution for smart factory, smart home, and smart life applications. The IoT Solution Module combines Arrow’s engineering and global distribution capabilities with Panasonic Industry’s IoT modules based on the ST BlueTile (STEVAL-BCN002V1B) multi-sensor development kit...
- 1Qualcomm Retakes Market Leadership in 1Q20 Revenue
- 2Epistar and Lextar to Jointly Establish A New Holding Company
- 3NOR Flash ASP to Potentially Drop in 2H20 as Inventory Pressure Mounts
- 4Cloud Services and Online-offline Store Integration Lead Alibaba's Sentiment Recovery in Q1 2020
- 5Automotive IC Market Forecast With Strongest CAGR Through 2024
- 6Big Tech Companies Bet on Digital Platforms to Successfully Steer Through COVID-19 Crisis
- 7Notebook Computer Display Panel Shipment Grows by Nearly 18% YoY in 2Q20
- 8unitech Reveals EA630 Rugged Smartphone for Retail and Hospitality
- 9Global Spending on Blockchain Solutions to Surge by 235% and Hit $14.4bn in 2023
- 10Taiwan’s Mini LED Supply Chain to Benefit from Apple’s New 12.9-inch iPad Pro