Due to the impact of the coronavirus on semiconductor supply and demand, worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to decline 0...
Global sales of smartphones to end users contracted in the fourth quarter of 2019, declining by 0.4% year over year, according to Gartner, Inc...
"For only the second time in its history, the worldwide semiconductor market is expected to have two consecutive years of revenue decline," said James Hines, research director at Gartner. "We expect a decline of 0.6 percent in 2016 as the industry waits for the next demand driver to emerge."
Lowered estimates for production of PCs, ultramobiles and smartphones is reducing the demand for semiconductors in 2016, and no significant near-term driver has appeared to offset the reduction in demand in these key semiconductor markets.
While there are emerging opportunities for semiconductors in the Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable electronics, these markets are still in the early stages of development and are too small to have a significant impact on overall semiconductor revenue growth in 2016.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1TrendForce Announces 10 Tech Industry Trends for 2021
- 2Realtek Second Generation 2.5GbE Provides an Advanced Ethernet Solution for Modern Demands
- 3MicroSAM – The New Microcontroller-Agnostic Module Form Factor for the Enablement of Smart Sensors
- 4Lextar Partners With X Display to Accelerate MicroLED Mass Production
- 5Nuvoton Technology Introduces Arm Cortex-M23 Based NuMicro M251/M252 Series MCU