North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted $2.39 billion in billings worldwide in December 2017 (three-month average basis)...
The year-end update to the SEMI World Fab Forecast report reveals 2017 spending on fab equipment investments will reach an all-time high of $57 billion...
Total silicon wafer area shipments were 2,997 million square inches during the most recent quarter, a 0.7 percent increase from the record 2,978 million square inches shipped during the previous quarter. New quarterly total area shipments are 9.8 percent higher than third quarter 2016 shipments and continue to ship at their highest recorded quarterly level.
"Global silicon wafer shipment volumes surpassed record levels for the sixth quarter in a row, resulting in a new historical high,” said Chungwei (C.W.) Lee (李崇偉), chairman of SEMI SMG and spokesman, VP, Corporate Development and chief auditor of GlobalWafers (環球晶圓). “While silicon demand is strong, silicon pricing remains well below pre-downturn levels.”
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1NDRC and Samsung Are Said to Be Signing MOU, which Could Moderate DRAM Price Rises, Says TrendForce
- 2Winbond: DRAM and Flash to Remain Stable in 2018
- 3Groundbreaking for TSMC 5nm Factory Estimated for 2020
- 4Shipments of Gaming Monitors to Grow by 40% in 2018, Says TrendForce
- 5Innolux’s AM miniLED Panels to be Mass Produced in Two Years