HSINCHU, Taiwan– TSMC today announced its net revenues for January 202. On a consolidated basis, revenues for January 2020 were approximately NT$103...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Three days after launching the Dimensity 1000 5G chip, MediaTek Inc. once again held a rare technical briefing on the chip...
Year-over-year, fourth quarter revenue increased 9.5% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 16.1%. Compared to third quarter 2019, fourth quarter results represented an 8.3% increase in revenue and a 14.8% increase in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.
In US dollars, fourth quarter revenue was $10.39 billion, which increased 10.6% year-over-year and increased 10.6% from the previous quarter.
Gross margin for the quarter was 50.2%, operating margin was 39.2%, and net profit margin was 36.6%.
In the fourth quarter, shipments of 7-nanometer accounted for 35% of total wafer revenue and 10-nanometer process technology contributed 1% while 16-nanometer accounted for 20%. Advanced technologies, defined as 16-nanometer and more advanced technologies, accounted for 56% of total wafer revenue.
“Our fourth quarter business benefited from strong demand for high-end smartphones, initial 5G deployment and high performance computing related applications using TSMC’s industry-leading 7-nanometer technology,” said Wendell Huang, VP and Chief Financial Officer of TSMC. “Moving into first quarter 2020, despite mobile product seasonality, we anticipate our business to be supported by the continued ramp of 5G smartphones. Based on our current business outlook, management expects the overall performance for first quarter 2020 to be as follows”:
• Revenue is expected to be between US$10.2 billion and US$10.3 billion;
And, based on the exchange rate assumption of 1 US dollar to 29.9 NT dollars,
• Gross profit margin is expected to be between 48.5% and 50.5%;
• Operating profit margin is expected to be between 37.5% and 39.5%.
The management further expects the 2020 capital budget to be between US$15 billion and US$16 billion.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Worldwide PC Shipments Grew 2.3% in 4Q19 and 0.6% for the Year
- 2Nuvoton Technology Joins the Amazon Web Services Partner Network
- 3Taiwanese Mobile Payment Users Aged 46-55 Grow by Over 30% in 2018-2019
- 4AUO to Acquire Shares of ADLINK Through Tender Offer, Forging AIoT Strategic Partnership
- 5Coronavirus Outbreak Can Drastically Impact the Technology Road Map for 2020, Says GlobalData