TAIPEI, Taiwan - The Acer Group announced that it has joined the RE100 initiative and also shared a pledge to achieve 100% renewable energy use by the year 2035...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer earned iF Design Awards 2021 for its ConceptD 3 Ezel notebook and ConceptD 300 desktop for creators...
Acer also announced the SpatialLabs Developer Program for Unreal Engine developers interested in presenting projects with SpatialLabs. Those enrolled in the program will receive a ConceptD SpatialLabs prototype notebook, the first realization of the new experience.
“Building on our commitment to creators through ConceptD, we’re excited to introduce SpatialLabs, the next step of Acer’s efforts to enable immersive experiences,” said Jerry Kao, Co-COO, Acer Inc. “SpatialLabs enhances 3D designers’ current workflow, so they can focus their time and resources on the creative process. For developers, SpatialLabs empowers them to create astonishing experiences in various verticals through our support for Unreal Engine.”
The SpatialLabs experience is created through the combination of an eye-tracking solution, a stereoscopic 3D display and real-time rendering technologies. The eye-tracking solution consists of a stereo camera set, located on top of the device, and tracks the position and movement of a user’s head and eyes.
The display of the ConceptD SpatialLabs prototype notebook to be provided to participants of the developer program consists of a UHD 2D panel with a liquid crystal lenticular lens optically bonded on top of it, together forming an innovative module that can be switched back and forth between 2D and stereoscopic 3D views.
In combination, this allows graphics processing technology to display a different image to each of a viewer’s eyes, creating a stereoscopic 3D effect that allows content to float in front of the screen. Real-time rendering technologies allow creators to interact with 3D models when using applications in the SpatialLabs Experience Center, to review their creations in real-time, enhancing the design workflow, and to present interactive and immersive projects—all in stereoscopic 3D.
This suite of technology is revolutionary for creators who work with 3D content. Designers typically work on 2D displays that provide only limited information about the depth of a 3D object or scene. SpatialLabs empowers creators with the ability to see their projects come to life in real time.
Traditionally, artists had to make multiple sketches from different angles to ensure that their characters were proportioned correctly. Computers improved on this process, but as it is difficult to judge 3D proportions on a 2D screen, much was still left to a designer’s judgment. The SpatialLabs Model Viewer eliminates this limitation by providing an additional dimension for designers to work with, right out-of-the-box: an intuitive 360-degree perspective in which models can be rotated, moved, or even dragged out of the screen, allowing all angles to be considered. Even when considering a model from the same angle, more information is available in a stereoscopic 3D representation than a 2D one.
Being able to see their creations in stereoscopic 3D at a 1:1 ratio speeds up the process of finding issues and ensuring that a 3D design matches their original concept design. For example, product designers can use the SpatialLabs Model Viewer to get an idea of what the item they are making will look like before investing the time and resources to print or tool it.
Additionally, functions like the ability to change a model’s HDRI background allow them to be presented in a natural, realistic environment. This means that managers and team members are able to provide clearer feedback at each stage of a project, and customers can more easily visualize an item to ensure that it aligns with their expectations.
SpatialLabs Experience Center
The ConceptD SpatialLabs prototype notebook’s display is set to 2D mode by default, enabling the device to be utilized as a normal notebook computer. Upon launching applications in the SpatialLabs Experience Center, stereoscopic 3D mode will be automatically switched on.
The SpatialLabs Experience Center is a launcher which includes a tutorial on using the technology, several shortcuts for applications, and installers for applications and add-ons.
Currently, these applications include:
• SpatialLabs Model Viewer: A tool which enables a user to import files in all major 3D file formats and present them in stereoscopic 3D. While in the model viewer, information generated about head-position is incorporated into the displayed 3D model. For example, moving slightly to the left or right will rotate the 3D model in the opposite direction, as if a user had taken a step to either side of the object. All of this happens in real-time.
SpatialLabs Model Viewer add-ons are available for major 3D software suites, such as Blender and Autodesk Fusion 360, that allow files created in those applications to be transferred into the SpatialLabs Model Viewer with a single click.
• SpatialLabs Go: A proprietary solution for rendering side-by-side full screen content into stereoscopic 3D. For example, after leveraging Blender to set a window into side-by-side full screen view, designers can use SpatialLabs Go to transfer it into stereoscopic 3D.
• PiStage for Maya: The middleware PiStage functions as a tool that allows the time-consuming back-and-forth rendering pipeline to be skipped, giving users the flexibility to create or edit content on an extended 2D monitor and view any changes made in stereoscopic 3D in real-time, with SpatialLabs.
• SpatialLabs Player: A native player for presenting side-by-side video in stereoscopic 3D.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Antenova Introduces Lutosa, High Performing Antenna for Small Devices on LTE and 5G Networks
- 2MIKROE’s Universal FUSION Development Board for All Microchip PIC MCU
- 3STMicroelectronics and Feig Collaborate on Contactless Product Personalization
- 4First Dual-output Automotive Dead Reckoning Module Qualified for Operation up to105 °C
- 5SGET Announces New Chairman and Sets Sail for a New Decade