Microchip Technology introduced a highly integrated LoRa System-in-Package (SiP) family with an ultra-low-power 32-bit microcontroller (MCU)...
Microchip Technology announced the industry’s smallest MEMS clock generator. This new device can replace up to three crystals and oscillators on a board...
The product allows customers to create reliable, cost-effective and compact LED lighting applications by having High Power Factor (PF) without the need for switch-mode power conversion which is typically required for LED lighting design.
“The transition from traditional lighting to LED is here and moving at a fast pace,” said Keith Pazul, director of marketing for Microchip’s Analog, Power and Interface Division. “Microchip has a rich and diverse LED lighting portfolio, and customers are continually seeking better electronic solutions such as those found in this new device.”
The CL88020 was designed to minimize driver circuit component count to allow for a very small and efficient design. The simple design allows for a single-layered Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design. Unlike the conventional AC-DC switch mode power supply, the basic driver circuit consists of the CL88020 IC, two small ceramic capacitors and a bridge rectifier only.
High-voltage capacitors, transformer or inductors, electromagnetic interference (EMI) filters or Power Factor Correction (PFC) circuitry are not required. This allows for a smaller solution size and a lower overall bill of material (BOM) cost as compared to traditional LED solutions.
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 4Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 5Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 6BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 7UP Board Deployed: Pandemic Prevention with Telepresence Robots
- 8ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 9STMicroelectronics Launches Smart Gateway Platform for Automotive Gateway and Domain Controller
- 10Toshiba’s 80V N-channel Power MOSFETs Fabricated with Latest Generation Process