TAIPEI, Taiwan - Owing largely in part to strong sales of PC VR (Virtual Reality) and standalone VR HMD (Head Mounted Display) devices...
The Taiwanese IPC industry's shipment value grew 8.8% sequentially in the fourth quarter of 2016 to about NTD 39.6 billion (USD 1...
LCD TV panels have the highest growth rate of 3.1%, followed by LCD monitors' 0.9% and notebook PC panels' 0.1%.
"Out of the three major applications, LCD TV panels not only enjoyed the highest growth rate, but also experienced a 1.4% slight growth in average panel size, reaching 41.3inches," says Brian Chen, senior industry analyst with MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute).
"This is mainly due to an increased share of 48- and 49-inch panel shipments, which accounted for 10.1% in the third quarter, up from 9.3% in the previous quarter. This has boosted the average size of LCD TV panels shipped worldwide."
Overall, Chinese panel vendors enjoyed the largest growth in the average panel size. In the second quarter, the average size of shipped panels was 24.8 inches, which increased to 35.9 inches in the third quarter.
Among all Chinese brands, LuxNet had the highest shipment growth at 4.8% in the third quarter, with the average panel size of 37.7 inches.
- 1The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 2Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 3Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 4Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 5The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 6Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 7Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 8PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 9Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview
- 10Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017