In the fourth quarter of 2016, shipment volume of the Taiwanese server system shipped at the full system/barebones levels totaled about 1...
With 41.8 million units sold and an annual growth rate of 67% in 2016, smartwatch is expected to sustain an annual growth rate of 50% and achieve a sales volume of 62...
LCD TV panels have the highest growth rate of 3.1%, followed by LCD monitors' 0.9% and notebook PC panels' 0.1%.
"Out of the three major applications, LCD TV panels not only enjoyed the highest growth rate, but also experienced a 1.4% slight growth in average panel size, reaching 41.3inches," says Brian Chen, senior industry analyst with MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute).
"This is mainly due to an increased share of 48- and 49-inch panel shipments, which accounted for 10.1% in the third quarter, up from 9.3% in the previous quarter. This has boosted the average size of LCD TV panels shipped worldwide."
Overall, Chinese panel vendors enjoyed the largest growth in the average panel size. In the second quarter, the average size of shipped panels was 24.8 inches, which increased to 35.9 inches in the third quarter.
Among all Chinese brands, LuxNet had the highest shipment growth at 4.8% in the third quarter, with the average panel size of 37.7 inches.
- 1The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 2Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 3Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 4Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 5Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 6The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 7Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 8PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 9Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 10Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview