Taipei-based government-backed IT research institute MIC (Market Intelligence& Consulting Institute) of III (Institute for Information Industry) held a forum on September 25-27...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - In 2019 Taiwan’s communications industry has been impacted by the US-China trade war; however, the ef...
"Since Android phones` launching often takes place in the first half of the year, the shipment volume is estimated to increase at around 79.7 million units in the second quarter of 2017, up 6.7% sequentially," says Aaron Lin, industry analyst with MIC. "The drop in the first quarter was mainly because iPhone 7 market sales did not live up to expectations, which led to Apple`s decision to revise its orders down.
"Nevertheless, as FIH Mobile starts to produce Nokia phones for HMD Global in 2017, Foxconn to produce Xiaomi Redmi smartphones in its India new manufacture unit, and Wistron to manufacture iPhone SE in the production line of its Indian fully owned subsidiary ICT Service Management Solutions, Taiwan`s overall smartphone shipments will likely to see a boost this year."
- 1Foldable Smartphones to Be Launched in 2019 with Penetration Rate of 0.1%
- 2DSP and Language Libraries are the Keys to Smart Voice
- 3Green Palladium Recycling Technology: The Best Way to Combat Soaring Palladium Prices
- 4Localism, US/China Trade War Impacts Taiwan's Manufacturing Industries
- 5Overcoming High-Precision Challenges in Manufacturing with Solid Quality as the Foundation
- 6UWin Nanotech Establishes Japan’s First E-Waste Hydrometallurgy Recycling Plant
- 7UWin Nanotech Develops Rare Earth Metals Recycling Technology
- 8What is the Constant Power Design of LED Driver?