The M20047-1 antenna module comprises an SMD antenna with built-in active components: an LNA filter and SAW to boost antenna performance - so designers will not need to add these - all contained in a compact FR4 part with low power consumption, measuring just 7.0mm x 7.0mm x 0.9mm, and weighing less than 2g.
The on-board LNA and filter act to boost the signal to the GNSS processor in environments where there is a restricted view of the sky or where line-of-sight to the horizon is difficult.
Antenova has also added an external matching feature to compensate for any de-tuning of the antenna caused by proximity to other components, such as a plastic case or a battery.
The clear-out area required by the antenna module is only 7.0mm x 5.0mm. This, with its tiny size makes the M20047-1 perfect for small positioning devices where space on the PCB is tight, for example in wearable devices, asset tracking, sports cameras and equipment and smart watches.
The M20047-1 is a useful alternative to Antenova’s existing “Sinica” antenna, part no SR4G008, which Antenova also recommends for accurate positioning.
This M20047-1 was first announced at CES in Las Vegas, earlier this year.
- 1HOLTEK New BH66F2632 AC Body Fat Scale MCU
- 2The Compact BOXER-6405U: The Gateway to Industry 4.0
- 3The Semi-Rugged RTC-1010M: Do More with the Tablet Built for Work
- 4HOLTEK New HT66FW2350 Wireless Charger Transmitter MCU
- 5HOLTEK New BS45F3235 Proximity Sensing MCU
- 6HOLTEK New BH67F5270 24-bit Delta Sigma A/D MCU
- 7Nuvoton Rolls Out Brand New M031/32 MCUs Series
- 8Avalue Introduces SLP-SKG, an Expandable Fanless slot PC
- 9HOLTEK New BH67F2752 Infrared Thermometer MCU