TDK Corporation announced that it has reached an agreement with Chirp Microsystems, Inc., a pioneer in high-performance ultrasonic sensing...
Qualcomm Incorporated and TDK Corporation announced the completion of the previously announced joint venture under the name RF360 Holdings Singapore PTE...
The PFH500F-28 is a low-profile power module with 28 volts of output power designed for various harsh environment applications, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) power supplies, custom fanless power supplies, traffic signaling, and more. TDK-Lambda’s redesigned standard power module uses a bridgeless totem-pole power factor correction topology to optimize Transphorm’s TPH3206LDG FET in the popular 8x8 PQFN package.
The development project was led by the TDK-Lambda Americas Dallas, TX team and leveraged Transphorm’s application support team throughout various phases of the three-year initiative.
“We are excited to introduce the new standard PFH series,” explained Jin He, Vice President of Engineering at TDK-Lambda. “Our engineers diligently review new technologies that will benefit our end customers to ensure any new product we release is reliable and a notable advancement over prior models. Our decision to work with Transphorm on our first GaN AC-DC product was based largely on the power semiconductors’ proven quality and reliability as well as the team’s reputation for successful collaboration. Our experience was such that we’ve released the PFH500F-28 with our three year warranty and are in discussions with Transphorm regarding future projects.”
Transphorm’s GaN to date has enabled customers to produce computing power supplies, servo motors, and telecom power supplies that show marked advantages in power density, size, and system cost. TDK-Lambda’s power module joins them as the PFH500F-28 delivers the following advantages when compared to its Silicon-based predecessor:
- 1Avalue Introduces EMX-C246P, the Mini ITX Embedded Industrial Motherboard
- 2BOXER-8130AI: Machine Vision that Sees the Whole Picture
- 3Vishay Intertechnology Launches Industry's First AEC-Q200 Qualified Ceramic Disc Capacitors
- 4Toshiba Launches Sensorless Control Pre-Driver IC for Automotive BLDC Motors
- 5Avnet Introduces Ultra96-V2 Development Board
- 6New STM32WB Dual-Core Wireless MCUs from STMicroelectronics
- 7Samsung’s 5G Multi-Mode Exynos Chipsets
- 8Small, Robust and Flexible: Han 1A
- 9AAEON Launches of Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- 10Water-Resistant MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics