Toshiba announced the launch of a sensorless control pre-driver IC “TB9062FNG” for brushless DC motors (BLDC motors) used in automotive applications...
Toshiba Memory Corporation announced that it has begun sampling new Automotive JEDEC UFS Version 2.1 embedded memory solutions utilizing 3D flash memory...
Sample shipments will start in February, and volume production will start in October.
The Ethernet AVB specification offers real-time reliable data transmission and is increasingly used in vehicles. Toshiba currently offers the TC9560 series of Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps) solutions compliant with IEEE 802.1AS and IEEE 802.1Qav.
More and more road vehicles now have on-board connectivity, equipping them with internet and cellular access, and allowing information to be shared among on-board systems and devices and with external systems and services. On top of this, low latency communications are essential for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving technologies. These developments all require more complex automotive communication systems supported by reliable transmission standards with real-time data delivery. The Ethernet TSN standard was developed expressly to meet these needs.
Toshiba’s new product family responds to market demand with support for both the current AVB and the new TSN networking standards. The TC9562XBG offers simpler implementation than the current product family. TC9562AXBG supports expanded interface capabilities with SGMII, plus the RGMII, RMII and MII interfaces, of current products. TC9562BXBG supports Ethernet TSN standards IEEE 802.1Qbv, IEEE 802.1Qbu and IEEE 802.3br in addition to TC9562AXBG’s capabilities.
Toshiba is targeting a low-power mode for the TC9562 series of 0.5mW power consumption and a 100ms recovery time (typical).
The new bridge ICs will be AEC-Q100 grade 3 qualified.
- 1Avalue Introduces EMX-C246P, the Mini ITX Embedded Industrial Motherboard
- 2BOXER-8130AI: Machine Vision that Sees the Whole Picture
- 3Vishay Intertechnology Launches Industry's First AEC-Q200 Qualified Ceramic Disc Capacitors
- 4Toshiba Launches Sensorless Control Pre-Driver IC for Automotive BLDC Motors
- 5Avnet Introduces Ultra96-V2 Development Board
- 6New STM32WB Dual-Core Wireless MCUs from STMicroelectronics
- 7Samsung’s 5G Multi-Mode Exynos Chipsets
- 8Small, Robust and Flexible: Han 1A
- 9AAEON Launches of Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- 10Water-Resistant MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics