HSINCHU, Taiwan - Unex and STMicroelectronics announce the integration of Unex’s SOM-301, the most flexible and cyber-secure V2X System-on-Module...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – The STMicroelectronics L5965 seven-output automotive power-management IC (PMIC) enables more compact ...
Security features strengthen the STM32WBx5’s IoT credentials and include Customer Key Storage (CKS), Public Key Authorization (PKA), and encryption engines for the radio MAC and upper layers. Security managed by the Cortex-M0+, including OTA secure firmware update for application and radio stack, protects device integrity and intellectual property, and ensures easy, robust product management.
Extensive feature integration lets product developers minimize bill-of-material costs and footprint. STM32WBx5 MCUs have up to 1Mbyte of on-chip Flash and a Quad-SPI port for efficient connection to external memory, if needed. Additional features include crystal-less Full-Speed USB, 32MHz RF oscillator with trimming capacitors, a touch-sense controller, LCD controller, analog peripherals, and multiple timers and watchdogs. The balun for antenna connection is also integrated.
Leveraging ultra-low-power technologies of the STM32L4 line, STM32WBx5 MCUs feature multiple power-saving modes including 13nA Shutdown mode, adaptive voltage scaling, and the adaptive real-time ART Accelerator to maximize energy efficiency and ensure long-lasting performance in self-powered applications.
The integrated radio transmitter is optimized for high RF performance and low power consumption to maximize battery runtime. The RF output power is programmable up to +6dBm in 1dB increments, and the MCU draws only 5.2mA when transmitting at 0dB. Receive sensitivity is -96dBm for BLE communication at 1mbps. Designed for a link budget of 102dB, the radio ensures robust communication over long connection distances and includes support for an external Power Amplifier (PA).
Developing with the STM32WBx5 line is well served through the rich STM32Cube ecosystem. Developers not only get free access to an extensive set of tools but can also take advantage of the STM32CubeWB MCU Package featuring peripheral drivers, middleware, and connectivity libraries, and the STM32WB55 Nucleo pack (P-NUCLEO-WB55). The dedicated STM32CubeMon-RF connectivity tool for RF testing and custom use-case scripting comes as a new addition to STM32Cube to further accelerate time-to-market.
Devices are available in a selection of packages from UFQFPN48 up to UFBGA129, offering flexibility to meet cost, size, and complexity demands with plentiful user I/Os in each option.
The STM32WBx5 line is in production now.
- 1STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32G4 MCUs for Next-Gen Digital Power Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches New Family of Low Voltage Driven Photorelays
- 3u-blox Takes Continuous Lane Accurate Positioning to Challenging Urban Environments
- 4STMicroelectronics’ Programmable Power-Management Device Saves Space and Increases Reliability
- 5Hearables: Bosch Brings Smart Features to Your Ear
- 6Toshiba Memory Corporation Announces XG6-P SSD Series
- 7u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 8HOLTEK New BA45F5222 Smoke Detector MCU
- 9HOLTEK’s New HT66F0021/HT66F0031/HT66F0041 Cost-Effective MCUs
- 10AI Core XP4 and XP8: The Flexible AI Solution with Intel Myriad X