u-blox has announced the SARA-R5 series of LTE-M and NB-IoT modules for low power wide area (LPWA) IoT applications, its most advanced...
u-blox and SolidRun are pleased to announce their collaboration on a new range of connectivity products for the IoT, inc...
The ZED-F9K high precision dead reckoning module builds on the u blox F9 technology platform. Compatibility with modern GNSS correction services further improves positioning accuracy by compensating ionospheric and other errors. The multi-band, multi-constellation RTK (Real Time Kinematics) receiver module receives GNSS signals from all orbiting GNSS constellations. A greater number of visible satellites improves positioning performance in partially obstructed conditions, while increased satellite signal diversity delivers faster convergence times when signals are interrupted.
Inertial sensors integrated into the module constantly monitor changes in the moving vehicle’s trajectory and continue to deliver lane accurate positioning when satellite signals are partially or completely obstructed as is the case when the vehicle is in parking garages, tunnels, urban canyons, or forested areas. When satellite signals become available again, the module combines inertial sensor data with GNSS signals to deliver fast convergence times and high availability of the decimeter-level solution.
The result of this combination of the latest developments in GNSS technology, correction services, and inertial sensing is a tenfold increase in positioning performance over standard precision solutions.
By robustly providing lane accurate position information, the ZED F9K meets the needs of ADAS and autonomous driving applications, as well as head units and advanced navigation systems. The module’s accuracy and low latency also makes it ideal for automotive OEMs and Tier 1s developing V2X (Vehicle-to-everything) communication systems. By continuously sharing their location with other traffic participants, these V2X systems contribute to increasing overall road safety and reducing traffic congestion.
“We designed the ZED-F9K to be a turnkey high precision GNSS solution that caters to the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s connected cars,” says Alex Ngi, Product Manager, Product Strategy for Dead Reckoning, u blox. “The ZED-F9K is unique in that it integrates a multitude of technologies, from the GNSS receiver to the inertial measurement unit and relevant dead reckoning algorithms into a single device for which we can ensure performance throughout the customer product development cycle.”
- 1TYAN Launches AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor Based Server Platform
- 2HOLTEK New HT66F2630 High Accuracy/Low Current LIRC &A/D MCU
- 3Renesas Introduces Ultra-Small RX651 32-Bit MCUs for IoT Modules and Space-Constrained Edge Devices
- 4Toshiba Memory Corporation Introduces XL-FLASH Storage Class Memory Solution
- 5STM32Trust Ecosystem from STMicroelectronics Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designe
- 6Avalue’s EPD-42T Revolutionary Patient Communication Board Enabled by E Ink ePaper
- 7Nuvoton Launches Brand New M261/M262/M263 Series MCUs for IoT Applications
- 8ST Teams with Arrow to Provide e-Fuel-Injection Reference Design Compliant
- 9HOLTEK New BP45F4MB Power Bank MCU
- 10Toshiba to Showcase Industry’s Fastest-class PCIe 4.0 SSDs