u-blox has gained another high-profile endorsement for ZED-F9P, its high precision GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Sys...
u-blox has announced its new ultra-robust meter-level M9 global positioning technology platform, designed for demanding automotive, telematics, and UAV applications...
The ZED-F9K high precision dead reckoning module builds on the u blox F9 technology platform. Compatibility with modern GNSS correction services further improves positioning accuracy by compensating ionospheric and other errors. The multi-band, multi-constellation RTK (Real Time Kinematics) receiver module receives GNSS signals from all orbiting GNSS constellations. A greater number of visible satellites improves positioning performance in partially obstructed conditions, while increased satellite signal diversity delivers faster convergence times when signals are interrupted.
Inertial sensors integrated into the module constantly monitor changes in the moving vehicle’s trajectory and continue to deliver lane accurate positioning when satellite signals are partially or completely obstructed as is the case when the vehicle is in parking garages, tunnels, urban canyons, or forested areas. When satellite signals become available again, the module combines inertial sensor data with GNSS signals to deliver fast convergence times and high availability of the decimeter-level solution.
The result of this combination of the latest developments in GNSS technology, correction services, and inertial sensing is a tenfold increase in positioning performance over standard precision solutions.
By robustly providing lane accurate position information, the ZED F9K meets the needs of ADAS and autonomous driving applications, as well as head units and advanced navigation systems. The module’s accuracy and low latency also makes it ideal for automotive OEMs and Tier 1s developing V2X (Vehicle-to-everything) communication systems. By continuously sharing their location with other traffic participants, these V2X systems contribute to increasing overall road safety and reducing traffic congestion.
“We designed the ZED-F9K to be a turnkey high precision GNSS solution that caters to the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s connected cars,” says Alex Ngi, Product Manager, Product Strategy for Dead Reckoning, u blox. “The ZED-F9K is unique in that it integrates a multitude of technologies, from the GNSS receiver to the inertial measurement unit and relevant dead reckoning algorithms into a single device for which we can ensure performance throughout the customer product development cycle.”
- 1Renesas Premieres RE Family for Its SOTB Process-Based Energy Harvesting Embedded Controller
- 2u-blox’s Latest Meter-level Positioning Technology Offers Enhanced GNSS Performance
- 3Würth Elektronik Introduces WSEN-PADS Absolute Pressure Sensor
- 4STMicroelectronics Updates TouchGFX Suite to Elevate UI and Reduce Memory and CPU Needs in STM32 MCU
- 5Toshiba’s New Three-Phase Brushless Motor Control Pre-Driver IC
- 6NexCOBOT Introduces the AI-enabled Smart Robot Box Series to Revolutionize Smart Manufacturing
- 7HOLTEK New BS66F340C and BS66F350C Enhanced Touch A/D MCUs with High Noise Immunity
- 8HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs
- 9Vishay Intertechnology Introduces New Commercial Inductors in Compact 1212 Case Size
- 10HOLTEK New BA45F6630 and BA45F6622 Human Body Motion Detection MCUs