u-blox has confirmed that its Bluetooth 5 modules are being built into wearable devices that are helping to combat the global COVID-19 pandemic...
u-blox announced that, going forward, DOT Telematik und Systemtechnik GmbH’s ultra-robust, solar-powered X-Rayl Solar ...
The ZED-F9K high precision dead reckoning module builds on the u blox F9 technology platform. Compatibility with modern GNSS correction services further improves positioning accuracy by compensating ionospheric and other errors. The multi-band, multi-constellation RTK (Real Time Kinematics) receiver module receives GNSS signals from all orbiting GNSS constellations. A greater number of visible satellites improves positioning performance in partially obstructed conditions, while increased satellite signal diversity delivers faster convergence times when signals are interrupted.
Inertial sensors integrated into the module constantly monitor changes in the moving vehicle’s trajectory and continue to deliver lane accurate positioning when satellite signals are partially or completely obstructed as is the case when the vehicle is in parking garages, tunnels, urban canyons, or forested areas. When satellite signals become available again, the module combines inertial sensor data with GNSS signals to deliver fast convergence times and high availability of the decimeter-level solution.
The result of this combination of the latest developments in GNSS technology, correction services, and inertial sensing is a tenfold increase in positioning performance over standard precision solutions.
By robustly providing lane accurate position information, the ZED F9K meets the needs of ADAS and autonomous driving applications, as well as head units and advanced navigation systems. The module’s accuracy and low latency also makes it ideal for automotive OEMs and Tier 1s developing V2X (Vehicle-to-everything) communication systems. By continuously sharing their location with other traffic participants, these V2X systems contribute to increasing overall road safety and reducing traffic congestion.
“We designed the ZED-F9K to be a turnkey high precision GNSS solution that caters to the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s connected cars,” says Alex Ngi, Product Manager, Product Strategy for Dead Reckoning, u blox. “The ZED-F9K is unique in that it integrates a multitude of technologies, from the GNSS receiver to the inertial measurement unit and relevant dead reckoning algorithms into a single device for which we can ensure performance throughout the customer product development cycle.”
- 1Renesas Introduces DDR5 Data Buffer for High-Performance Server and Cloud Service Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches Photorelays in New Package for High-density Mounting
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F4560 MCU with 4-level Adjustable Bandwidth OPA
- 4COM Express Module Supports PCIe Gen4 and AI Optimization
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 7STMicroelectronics Accelerates Space Applications with 150MHz+ High-Speed Rad-Hard Logic
- 8STMicroelectronics Reveals Fast-Starting Intelligent Power Switches for Demanding Safety Application
- 9BOXER-6842: Powering the Next Generation of Edge AI