A new plug-and-play powerline communication (PLC) development toolset from STMicroelectronics accelerates the developmen...
Unex and STMicroelectronics announce the integration of Unex’s SOM-301, the most flexible and cyber-secure V2X System-on-Module...
With seven regulated outputs, a single L5965 can power an entire camera- or radar-based driver-assistance system including the sensors, memory ICs, processor, and CAN interface circuitry. One-time programmable (OTP) cells for setting the output voltages and sequencing give flexibility to configure the PMIC for a wide variety of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and other in-car applications.
The L5965’s ability to operate directly from the vehicle battery allows its use without a pre-regulator. Its register-programmable outputs also eliminate voltage-setting resistors, and the on-chip regulators can be used without external compensation circuitry. While reducing both footprint and bill of materials, these savings in external components also increase system reliability and enhance accuracy by eliminating fluctuation due to environmental effects on external components.
The integrated functional-safety features are designed in compliance with ISO 26262 and enable systems to fulfil Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements up to ASIL-D. The mechanisms include a failure status pin, voltage monitors, ground-loss comparators, analog and digital Built In Self-Test (BIST), and temperature monitors.
ST is ramping up production of the L5965 and samples are available now in a small and low-cost 7mm x 7mm QFN48 package that requires no heatsink.
- 1u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 2HOLTEK’s New HT66F0021/HT66F0031/HT66F0041 Cost-Effective MCUs
- 3USB 3.1 Flash Drive Key for Industrial Applications
- 4High-Performance MEMS Inertial Module from STM Targets Demanding AR, VR, and Tracking Applications
- 5Avalue Launch of Intel Coffee Lake Rugged Fanless Embedded System – EPS-CFS
- 6Powerline Communication Development Toolset from STMicroelectronics
- 7Swissbit Introduces Industrial Grade 3D-NAND-SSD
- 8congatec Presents 10 New High-end Modules for Embedded Edge Computing