STMicroelectronics has been chosen to supply high-efficiency silicon-carbide (SiC) power electronics by Renault-Nissan-M...
STMicroelectronics has extended support for STM32G4 microcontrollers, delivering digital-power and motor-control Discove...
With seven regulated outputs, a single L5965 can power an entire camera- or radar-based driver-assistance system including the sensors, memory ICs, processor, and CAN interface circuitry. One-time programmable (OTP) cells for setting the output voltages and sequencing give flexibility to configure the PMIC for a wide variety of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and other in-car applications.
The L5965’s ability to operate directly from the vehicle battery allows its use without a pre-regulator. Its register-programmable outputs also eliminate voltage-setting resistors, and the on-chip regulators can be used without external compensation circuitry. While reducing both footprint and bill of materials, these savings in external components also increase system reliability and enhance accuracy by eliminating fluctuation due to environmental effects on external components.
The integrated functional-safety features are designed in compliance with ISO 26262 and enable systems to fulfil Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements up to ASIL-D. The mechanisms include a failure status pin, voltage monitors, ground-loss comparators, analog and digital Built In Self-Test (BIST), and temperature monitors.
ST is ramping up production of the L5965 and samples are available now in a small and low-cost 7mm x 7mm QFN48 package that requires no heatsink.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 6Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 7Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity