Many developers and users of security solutions are looking for ways to get more out of their surveillance systems by deploying intelligent edge computing platforms...
AAEON announces the VPC-3350AI embedded PC featuring Intel Movidius Myriad X. Built for industrial and in-vehicle use, t...
Fever detection and monitoring is an application which AAEON products such as the BOXER-8120AI, RT-620R and RT-660R are seeing great success powering in large facilities including hospitals and transit stations. However, the unique security requirements of banks generally mean there is only a single entrance which is monitored by posted security. Banks also usually don’t see crowds on the level of hospitals and metro stations, and when busy, banks are still easily managed by the security personnel present.
The SCA-M01 IoT Node Board provides a perfect solution, offering low power consumption while still providing the computing power necessary for the task with an Arm Cortex M4 MCU+FPU. Connected directly to cameras, or even embedded in the cameras themselves, the SCA-M01 helps power fever detection and facial recognition at the edge to allow immediate notification for security staff. Support for Wi-Fi and LoRa, as well as compatibility with Arm Pelion IoT Platform, allow the SCA-M01 to be easily managed by a central control platform as well.
Another way AI edge computing is helping banks is in monitoring meeting rooms. AAEON’s customers have deployed BOXER-8170AI to power innovative AI software which not only helps with reducing the spread of disease, but also ensure a better experience for the bank’s own clients. The AI model can detect if a meeting room is occupied as well as ensure it is properly equipped. This can help reduce the spread of disease by monitoring and enforcing limits on the number of people in meeting rooms at one time, but also improve the banking experience by informing employees and managers of which rooms are occupied or missing furniture beforehand.
The BOXER-8170AI offers to power of NVIDIA Jetson TX2 combined with four POE ports, each with their own dedicated chipset. This allows the BOXER-8170AI to not only connect to multiple cameras at once, but provides greater network bandwidth and eliminates any potential bottlenecking from the chipset. The BOXER-8170AI operates at the edge, and can also integrate with IoT management platforms including Arm Pelion.
"AAEON products are compatible with Arm Pelion IoT platform, allowing AI and IoT applications to be integrated and quickly deployed,” said Jeffery Chuang, Director of AAEON’s IoT Product Division. “AAEON and Arm have collaborated on several IoT applications, with the Arm Pelion user interface providing a clear, easy to use platform, combined with the reliable and powerful embedded hardware from AAEON. Together AAEON and Arm Pelion power the level of encryption and security required by banks for a seamless solution,” Jeffery added.
AAEON offers a range of IoT and AI Edge Computing platforms designed for embedded applications which can be monitored and controlled remotely. For more information, visit AAEON.com to view products and get in contact with sales representatives.
- 1HOLTEK New HT32F59741 Enhanced 24-bit A/D Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU
- 2STMicroelectronics Launches Ultra-Economical Synchronous-Rectification Controllers in 6-Pin Packages
- 3Renesas Introduces New I3C Bus Extension Products
- 4STMicroelectronics Simplifies Design and Boosts Safety with Highly Integrated Universal Car-Lock IC
- 5Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 6Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 7Size-optimized congatec SMARC 2.1 Carrier Board Makes Intel Atom Processor Based 3.5" SBCs Modular
- 8Renesas Unveils RZ/V Microprocessor Series with Vision-Optimized AI Accelerator
- 9Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 10Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V