The Smart Gateway Platform (SGP) from STMicroelectronics provides a valuable development tool for prototyping automotive Smart-Gateway and Domain-Controller applications...
STMicroelectronics is extending the benefits of its motion-detection machine-learning core (MLC) technologies into indus...
EVs are predicted to reach cost parity with conventional combustion-engine vehicles before the end of this decade and overtake in sales volume by 20381. ST, leveraging its technical capabilities to help car makers achieve these goals, has announced an advanced battery-management system (BMS) controller that features the industry’s best voltage accuracy for longer driving range and battery life, with extra temperature-monitoring inputs for enhanced safety.
The L9963 controller is the latest generation from ST’s BMS program, which has already created advanced semiconductors for joint projects with major organizations developing EV batteries. These include ongoing cooperation with LG Chem, begun in 2008, and the cooperation with Chinese R&D institute IMECAS and EV-battery technology company EPOCH announced in 2017.
“We are extending our expertise in electronic technologies in every way possible to help realize cleaner mobility,” said Alberto Poma, ADG Vice President, Smart Power Solutions MACRO-Division General Manager, STMicroelectronics.
“Building on over 10 years of work with key partners in EV battery-management technology, our new battery-management chip further improves every aspect of energy management in EVs, which directly enhances important end-user experiences to increase market appeal and consumer confidence.”
A typical BMS application uses multiple L9963 devices to monitor groups of cells in the battery stack, managed by a host microcontroller (MCU) such as ST’s SPC5 high-performance, safety-critical automotive-qualified MCUs.
The L9963 is in production now and ready for new designs. Please contact your local ST sales office for further information and pricing options.
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 4Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 5Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 6BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 7ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9UP Board Deployed: Pandemic Prevention with Telepresence Robots
- 10STMicroelectronics Launches Smart Gateway Platform for Automotive Gateway and Domain Controller