According to TrendForce, the Chinese government will continue supporting heavily in this industry at levels of central government and local authorities...
DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce, reports a growing demand for NAND Flash under the influence of traditional peak ...
Prices of high-power and mid-power lighting-use LEDs continue to show a slight decline this quarter. For mid-power 5630, Korean manufacturers represented by Samsung are still adopting price strategy to seize market share.
High-power LED price drops were more dramatic, especially in prices for products with higher brightness (120-140lm), which had a drop rate of 7% this quarter. Product line extensions and performance improvements remain the major focus of manufacturers in terms of COB products.
At present, lighting manufacturers will only place orders once LED manufacturers have completed under-30W product lines. Backlight order visibility on average has reached 1-2 months, said Jack Kuo, Assistant Research Manager of LEDinside. LED chip and package manufacturers continue to increase utilization rates.
Even though LED manufacturers have maintained high utilizations rates, price drops of 10-15% each year have impacted revenue and profit. Although booking orders of 3Q14 can be seen, manufacturers have a conservative outlook on expanding production capacity in response to the order demands.
LED manufacturers are hence turning their attention towards developing niche markets and high value-added LED products this year and gradually reduce backlight-use LED product proportion, said Kuo. The niche LED markets that will garner manufacturers’ attention include automotive lighting, flash LED, and UV LED. In terms of high value-added LED products, focus will be on high color gamut backlight-use LED and high CRI lighting-use LED.
With the Brazil World Cup right around the corner in June, market demand for large-sized and 4K high resolution TV has increased.
- 1Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 2Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 3Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 4Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 5Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 6UAV Patents Focus on "Navigation by More than One Navigational Value" and " Course in 3D"
- 7Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume to Grow 10% in 2017