TV shipments improved 4% Y/Y in Q3’14, and LCD TV shipments alone rose nearly 9%, according to DisplaySearch. Annual ...
According to DisplaySearch, due in large part to robust consumer demand for Apple iPhone 6 models, adoption of HD and FHD smartphone displays is forecast to grow quickly...
“This forecast growth in the LED market is due in large part to increasing demand from the LED lighting segment,” said Steven Sher, analyst for DisplaySearch.
“As average selling prices continue to fall, shipments of all LED lighting products will remain on the rise.”
In 2014 the LED market became more integrated from chip to channel, as competing companies merged and supply-chain companies acquired LED industry players.
“The LED chip industry is expected to fare better than the LED package industry, as demand for lighting continues to increase through 2018,” Sher said.
While previously strong, chipset demand from LCD TV backlights has slowed, due to sluggish growth in LED-backlit LCD TV sales, as well as improved efficiency reducing the number of chips used per backlight. For those reasons, growth in the global demand for chipsets used for display backlighting flattened after 2012, with a slow decrease forecast after 2014.
- 1Localism, US/China Trade War Impacts Taiwan's Manufacturing Industries
- 2UWin Nanotech Develops Rare Earth Metals Recycling Technology
- 3UWin Nanotech Establishes Japan’s First E-Waste Hydrometallurgy Recycling Plant
- 4Massive Wasted-servers to Be Derived From 5G Era– Green Recycling Will Be the Key to Sustainabilit
- 5Taiwan Memory Industry to Raise with 5G and AI Era