TAIPEI, Taiwan - The Ministry of Science and Technology organized the opening ceremony of the "Rebuild After PhDs' Indus...
Hyundai Mobis has joined hands with an IT company to develop an autonomous driving platform. On March 20th, Hyundai Mo...
The magic of Pokemon GO is that it has produced new behavior among users, and this kind of magic is just what product developers dream of. The last time a product had this kind of magic it was Apple’s iPhone in 2007 and the Nintendo Wii in 2006.
The creation of new user behavior signifies new demands and the creation of new markets. It can drive an entire industry and even create a new industry. For example, on the year that the iPhone was released, it stimulated the development of the touch industry and reshaped the landscape of the smartphone industry. Similarly, the Wii caused sensors to become commonplace and also altered ideas about game design.
Pokemon GO is whipping up the same kind of storm now, and this time it will influence AR and VR technologies and also lead to upgrades in cellphone functionality and technology. At the same time, it will also stimulate the development of new kinds of marketing and advertising and produce new modes of digital content industries.
Creating new user behavior is extremely difficult. Most of the time, it is easy to understand; however, oftentimes it is out of our control. Technology is commonly a small part of what influences user behavior; however, it is the only part that technology companies can control.
Even more perplexing is that user behavior is not driven by just technology alone. It is driven by a number of mature technologies, accidents arising from a series of magical inspirations, and specific support arising from the background of the current era. Pokemon GO and the iPhone are both like this.
Simply put, it is difficult to duplicated.
Therefore, from the perspective of technology companies it is imperative not to consider copying other successful cases because doing this will usually just bring about major costs and burdens and make it difficult to effectively achieve success. However, technology entrepreneurs must continue to dream because as long as dreams are limitless, we will always have abundant opportunities.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Traditional Taiwanese Scooter Industry Facing Transformation Crisis
- 2The Key Technology to Micro LED: Mass Transfer
- 3New Recycling Concepts to Construct a Completely New Circular Economy Ecosystem
- 4DSP and Language Libraries are the Keys to Smart Voice
- 5Reject Conflict Materials – You Can Make a Better Choice: Recycling
- 6XINYE Gold Establishes World’s First Eco-Friendly Gold-Stripping Mass Production Facilities
- 7Foldable Smartphones to Be Launched in 2019 with Penetration Rate of 0.1%
- 8Overcoming High-Precision Challenges in Manufacturing with Solid Quality as the Foundation
- 9The Best Way to Combat Soaring Palladium Prices: Green Palladium Recycling Technology
- 10What is the Constant Power Design of LED Driver?