TAIPEI, Taiwan - Underwriters Laboratories' (UL) UL Taiwan Internet of things (IoT) science and technology laboratory in Hsinchu has formally opened...
Cincoze today expands its product offering by introducing new rugged workstation “DX-1000”. The system is based on w...
The magic of Pokemon GO is that it has produced new behavior among users, and this kind of magic is just what product developers dream of. The last time a product had this kind of magic it was Apple’s iPhone in 2007 and the Nintendo Wii in 2006.
The creation of new user behavior signifies new demands and the creation of new markets. It can drive an entire industry and even create a new industry. For example, on the year that the iPhone was released, it stimulated the development of the touch industry and reshaped the landscape of the smartphone industry. Similarly, the Wii caused sensors to become commonplace and also altered ideas about game design.
Pokemon GO is whipping up the same kind of storm now, and this time it will influence AR and VR technologies and also lead to upgrades in cellphone functionality and technology. At the same time, it will also stimulate the development of new kinds of marketing and advertising and produce new modes of digital content industries.
Creating new user behavior is extremely difficult. Most of the time, it is easy to understand; however, oftentimes it is out of our control. Technology is commonly a small part of what influences user behavior; however, it is the only part that technology companies can control.
Even more perplexing is that user behavior is not driven by just technology alone. It is driven by a number of mature technologies, accidents arising from a series of magical inspirations, and specific support arising from the background of the current era. Pokemon GO and the iPhone are both like this.
Simply put, it is difficult to duplicated.
Therefore, from the perspective of technology companies it is imperative not to consider copying other successful cases because doing this will usually just bring about major costs and burdens and make it difficult to effectively achieve success. However, technology entrepreneurs must continue to dream because as long as dreams are limitless, we will always have abundant opportunities.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 2Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 3Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 4Taiwanese Industrial Tech Has the Characteristics of Being Small and Powerful
- 5PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 6Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 7Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 8Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 9Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 10IMP Remains Mainstream Resolution for Consumer IP Cameras