TAIPEI, Taiwan - Three days after launching the Dimensity 1000 5G chip, MediaTek Inc. once again held a rare technical briefing on the chip...
TAIPEI, Taiwan –MediaTek today unveiled Dimensity, MediaTek’s family of powerful 5G system-on-chips (SoCs) offering an unrivaled combination of connectivity...
“We are everybody’s foundry” Morris Chang addressed more.
That is a pretty good and correct answer to this question. Once Intel or Samsung still produces their own chips, TSMC will no need to worry about its leading position in foundry market by leveraging this kind of situation.
Semiconductor is an extremely high technology driven industry, it is very crucial to keep the process technique in the leading edge, especially for foundry company. But it is not everything, services and partnerships are something that IC providers have to consider about while set up a long term market strategy.
That is why TSMC is so confident in its position as a pure foundry. The company almost ranks NO.1 in terms of process technology and services quality in worldwide ICs foundry market.
Another strong point of being a pure foundry is the solid position in the modern supply chain of semiconductor industry. Looking back at the history of evolution of semiconductor industry, it is easy to aware that IDMs(Integrated Device Manufacturers) can be a monster or a disaster, and most of them ended up with a disaster.
That is why fabless and foundry are perfect match, and it should go very well for a long long time.
- 1Green Palladium Recycling Technology: The Best Way to Combat Soaring Palladium Prices
- 2Localism, US/China Trade War Impacts Taiwan's Manufacturing Industries
- 3UWin Nanotech Develops Rare Earth Metals Recycling Technology
- 4UWin Nanotech Establishes Japan’s First E-Waste Hydrometallurgy Recycling Plant
- 5What is the Constant Power Design of LED Driver?
- 6Massive Wasted-servers to Be Derived From 5G Era– Green Recycling Will Be the Key to Sustainabilit