According to IC Insights that eleven leading semiconductor companies are forecast to have semiconductor capital expenditure budgets greater than $1...
Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC), the university-research consortium for semiconductors and related technologies...
“We are everybody’s foundry” Morris Chang addressed more.
That is a pretty good and correct answer to this question. Once Intel or Samsung still produces their own chips, TSMC will no need to worry about its leading position in foundry market by leveraging this kind of situation.
Semiconductor is an extremely high technology driven industry, it is very crucial to keep the process technique in the leading edge, especially for foundry company. But it is not everything, services and partnerships are something that IC providers have to consider about while set up a long term market strategy.
That is why TSMC is so confident in its position as a pure foundry. The company almost ranks NO.1 in terms of process technology and services quality in worldwide ICs foundry market.
Another strong point of being a pure foundry is the solid position in the modern supply chain of semiconductor industry. Looking back at the history of evolution of semiconductor industry, it is easy to aware that IDMs(Integrated Device Manufacturers) can be a monster or a disaster, and most of them ended up with a disaster.
That is why fabless and foundry are perfect match, and it should go very well for a long long time.
- 1China’s Motion Control Market Potential
- 2The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 3Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 4China’s Motion Control Market Potential
- 5Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 6Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 7Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 8The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 9Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 10Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics