TAIPEI, Taiwan －According to a report from Taiwan Economic Daily, Apple, Qualcomm, MediaTek and Hass will adopt TSMC...
TAIPEI, Taiwan － According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), TSMC is anticipated to gain back its...
The cooperation of Samsung and GlobalFoundries be considered a big challenge for TSMC, that analysts believe TSMC will be severely affected. In this regard, Sun Yu-wen, TSMC IR Officer said that TSMC would not comment on other companies, but TSMC’s technology and Samsung is completely different, while she stressed that " No customers would like to buy a product with bad quality, you don’t afraid of competition, if you have excellent capability."
Currently, Samsung still struggle with its 20nm process yield, but has made every effort to develop 14nm technology, and GlobalFundries’s most advanced process is 28nm. Analysts said that this cooperation is expected to accelerate the speed to overcome the technical problems, the two sides can complement each other in terms of technology and customers, would have some impact on TSMC.
But other analysts believe that it hard to sack TSMC’s business, it need to provide advanced process foundry services, collaborate with customer in technology development and manufacturing aspects seamlessly, and also be able to meet customer requirements for timeliness. It is very challenging.
- 1TSMC Gets the Upper Hand over Samsung on 16/14nm Process
- 2Advantech, TaiDoc Technology Joint Launch Real-Time Physiological Data Platform
- 3Intel Announces a New IoT Platform Reference Architecture
- 4ITU RA-15 Sets Future Direction on IoTs, 5G and Small Satellites
- 5Peak Season Demand to Moderate Mobile DRAM’s Price Slide in Q4, TrendForce Says