Cadence Design Systems, Inc., and Global Unichip Corporation (GUC), announced that GUC used the Cadence Encounter Digita...
TAIPEI, Taiwan — TSMC today announced consolidated revenue of NT$209.05 billion, net income of NT$76.34 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$2...
The cooperation of Samsung and GlobalFoundries be considered a big challenge for TSMC, that analysts believe TSMC will be severely affected. In this regard, Sun Yu-wen, TSMC IR Officer said that TSMC would not comment on other companies, but TSMC’s technology and Samsung is completely different, while she stressed that " No customers would like to buy a product with bad quality, you don’t afraid of competition, if you have excellent capability."
Currently, Samsung still struggle with its 20nm process yield, but has made every effort to develop 14nm technology, and GlobalFundries’s most advanced process is 28nm. Analysts said that this cooperation is expected to accelerate the speed to overcome the technical problems, the two sides can complement each other in terms of technology and customers, would have some impact on TSMC.
But other analysts believe that it hard to sack TSMC’s business, it need to provide advanced process foundry services, collaborate with customer in technology development and manufacturing aspects seamlessly, and also be able to meet customer requirements for timeliness. It is very challenging.
- 1New Apple Watch Display Will Cost Much More to Manufacture than Traditional Displays
- 2TSMC Rolls out First 16FinFET Networking Processor
- 3Enterprise Mobility Management Revenue Expected to Hit $9.6 Billion by 2018
- 4Major TFT LCD Chemical Material Market for 2014 to Reach $2.7 Billion
- 5NCKU Research Team Develops new, Low-cost Battery Voltage Detector