TSMC and ARM today announced the results from a key FinFET silicon validation of the ARM big.LITTLETM implementation, us...
ARM and Cadence announced an expanded collaboration for IoT and wearable devices targeting TSMC’s ultra-low power technology platform...
The cooperation of Samsung and GlobalFoundries be considered a big challenge for TSMC, that analysts believe TSMC will be severely affected. In this regard, Sun Yu-wen, TSMC IR Officer said that TSMC would not comment on other companies, but TSMC’s technology and Samsung is completely different, while she stressed that " No customers would like to buy a product with bad quality, you don’t afraid of competition, if you have excellent capability."
Currently, Samsung still struggle with its 20nm process yield, but has made every effort to develop 14nm technology, and GlobalFundries’s most advanced process is 28nm. Analysts said that this cooperation is expected to accelerate the speed to overcome the technical problems, the two sides can complement each other in terms of technology and customers, would have some impact on TSMC.
But other analysts believe that it hard to sack TSMC’s business, it need to provide advanced process foundry services, collaborate with customer in technology development and manufacturing aspects seamlessly, and also be able to meet customer requirements for timeliness. It is very challenging.
- 1Meizu's new Handset Powers by MediaTek 4G Octa-core Chipset MT6595
- 2Q3 LED Lighting Demand flat, Market Sees Intense Price Competition
- 3Rumor has it that HTC Working on an Octa-core Phablet
- 4TSMC Adopts Cadence Solutions for 16nm FinFET Library Characterization
- 5Philips Lighting Business Restructure Signals Challenges from Asian Manufacturers