Synopsys announced its collaboration with TSMC to develop DesignWare Foundation IP for TSMC's 22-nanometer (nm) ultra-low power (ULP) and ultra-low leakage (ULL) processes...
According to IC Insights’ McClean Report, the top eight major foundry leaders (i.e., sales of ≥$1.0 billion) held 88% of the $62...
The cooperation of Samsung and GlobalFoundries be considered a big challenge for TSMC, that analysts believe TSMC will be severely affected. In this regard, Sun Yu-wen, TSMC IR Officer said that TSMC would not comment on other companies, but TSMC’s technology and Samsung is completely different, while she stressed that " No customers would like to buy a product with bad quality, you don’t afraid of competition, if you have excellent capability."
Currently, Samsung still struggle with its 20nm process yield, but has made every effort to develop 14nm technology, and GlobalFundries’s most advanced process is 28nm. Analysts said that this cooperation is expected to accelerate the speed to overcome the technical problems, the two sides can complement each other in terms of technology and customers, would have some impact on TSMC.
But other analysts believe that it hard to sack TSMC’s business, it need to provide advanced process foundry services, collaborate with customer in technology development and manufacturing aspects seamlessly, and also be able to meet customer requirements for timeliness. It is very challenging.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce