IC Insights noted that the historic flood of merger and acquisition agreements that swept through the semiconductor ind...
According to IC Insights’ new McClean Report that the world’s leading semiconductor suppliers significantly increased their marketshare over the past decade...
Among IDMs (companies with wafer fabs that manufacture their own ICs), U.S.-headquartered companies accounted for slightly over half of worldwide sales followed by companies based in South Korea, Japan, and Europe. Taiwan companies (not including foundries) held only a 2% share.
IC Insights pointed that, over the next couple of years, NXP’s purchase of Freescale (expected to close later this year) and Infineon’s purchase of IR will likely boost the European share of worldwide IDM IC sales by a few percentage points at the expense of U.S. share.
In contrast, Europe is expected to lose fabless IC company marketshare in the next few years due to Qualcomm’s acquisition of CSR, Europe’s second-largest fabless IC supplier, and Intel’s purchase of Lantiq, Europe’s third-largest fabless IC supplier.
U.S. companies held the dominant share of fabless IC sales last year, although its share was down from 69% in 2010. The largest increase in fabless IC marketshare came from Chinese companies, which held a 9% share in 2014 compared to only 5% in 2010.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1GreyOrange to Launch New Products at LogiMAT 2019 for Flexible Automation in Distribution Centres
- 2Razer Announces Its New Southeast Asia Headquarters in One-North Singapore
- 3MIC: USA Trade War to Impact Taiwan’s Annual Growth in 2019
- 4AppNeta and AAEON Partner on Network Monitoring Platform at 100 Gbps Speeds
- 5CyberLink Introduces Smart AIoT Solutions Powered by FaceMe AI Facial Recognition Engine at CES 2019