Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC) Founder Morris Chang has finally decided to formally give up h...
Global Unichip Corp. (GUC) successfully taped its newest high speed TCAM compiler, specifically designed for high speed networking applications...
TSMC yesterday held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which approved capital appropriations of approximately US$3,790.4 million for expansion of advanced technology capacity, and conversion of certain logic capacity to specialty technologies. And fourth quarter 2016 R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
In addition, to simplify investment structure, the board also approved TSMC’s acquisition from VisEra Holding Company of 86.9% shareholding in VisEra Technologies Company Ltd. at the book value, and 6.9% shareholding in Xintec Inc. at the market price.
As a result, VisEra Holding Company will be dissolved and merged into TSMC Partners, Ltd., which is 100% owned by TSMC. After the transaction, TSMC will own 86.9% of VisEra Technologies Company Ltd. and 41.3% of Xintec Inc. directly, which are the same as what TSMC has held directly and indirectly prior to this transaction.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1TSMC, Intel, ARM, and UMC Debut at Telematics Taiwan
- 2China's GigaDevice Is Expanding NOR Flash Chip Production Capacity
- 3Intel and Micron Increase 3D XPoint Manufacturing Capacity with IM Flash Fab Expansion
- 4HERE and Mitsubishi Electric Team up to Offer Advanced Location Services for Autonomous Cars
- 5Taiwan's NAR Labs and Synopsys Sign LOI for AI Technology Cooperation