Toshiba Memory Corporation unveiled the development of the world’s first enterprise SSDs utilizing 64-layer, 3D flash memory...
Toshiba Memory Corporation today announced the launch of the BG3 series, a new line-up of single package NVM Express (NV...
In the statement, Hon Hai commented that their business affairs will require large amounts of memory support. Both 8K imaging and big data applications process large quanitities of data while simultaneously driving growth in the amount of data. Consequently, they have huge memory requirements.
In addition, Hon Hai has capital and markets at their disposal which can assist Toshiba in construction and sales, and they have no market monopoloy issues.
Hon Hai Chairman Terry Gou yesterday confirmed for the first time that they have aspirations to purchase Toshiba's flash memory business and said, “Regarding the chip business, we are seriously considering it.”
Terry Gou also stated that Hon Hai is Toshiba's client, and if Toshiba Corporation is given its memory-chip business to Hon Hai, Hon Hai can assist Toshiba's business operations and invite Toshiba to establish factories in China while allowing also Toshiba to keep their core technologies in Japan.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2PC DRAM Contract Price Rose by Over 10% Sequentially in Q2, TrendForce Says
- 3China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA