Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation announced the launch of "TC78H651FNG,” a dual-H-bridge driver IC for ...
Toshiba Memory Corporation (TMC) today announced that it decided to start construction of a new state-of-the-art fab for BiCS FLASH...
In the statement, Hon Hai commented that their business affairs will require large amounts of memory support. Both 8K imaging and big data applications process large quanitities of data while simultaneously driving growth in the amount of data. Consequently, they have huge memory requirements.
In addition, Hon Hai has capital and markets at their disposal which can assist Toshiba in construction and sales, and they have no market monopoloy issues.
Hon Hai Chairman Terry Gou yesterday confirmed for the first time that they have aspirations to purchase Toshiba's flash memory business and said, “Regarding the chip business, we are seriously considering it.”
Terry Gou also stated that Hon Hai is Toshiba's client, and if Toshiba Corporation is given its memory-chip business to Hon Hai, Hon Hai can assist Toshiba's business operations and invite Toshiba to establish factories in China while allowing also Toshiba to keep their core technologies in Japan.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce