Toshiba Corporation today announced that its board of directors has approved a further investment by Toshiba Memory Corporation (TMC)...
Toshiba Corporation today announced the development of its next-generation SCiB, which uses a new material to double the capacity of the battery anode...
In the statement, Hon Hai commented that their business affairs will require large amounts of memory support. Both 8K imaging and big data applications process large quanitities of data while simultaneously driving growth in the amount of data. Consequently, they have huge memory requirements.
In addition, Hon Hai has capital and markets at their disposal which can assist Toshiba in construction and sales, and they have no market monopoloy issues.
Hon Hai Chairman Terry Gou yesterday confirmed for the first time that they have aspirations to purchase Toshiba's flash memory business and said, “Regarding the chip business, we are seriously considering it.”
Terry Gou also stated that Hon Hai is Toshiba's client, and if Toshiba Corporation is given its memory-chip business to Hon Hai, Hon Hai can assist Toshiba's business operations and invite Toshiba to establish factories in China while allowing also Toshiba to keep their core technologies in Japan.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Mobile DRAM Prices to Go Up by 10~15% in 4Q17, Says TrendForce
- 2Taiwan’s CPT Successful Lights QLED Display Technology
- 3E-Paper Turns to Public Displays, Fashion, and Architecture Applications
- 4NAND Flash Market to Regain Balance in 2018 with Annual Bit Supply Growing by 42.9%, TrendForce Says
- 5TrendForce Finds x86 Processors Continues to Corner Server Market This Year