APeJ spending on mobility solutions is expected to grow 5.3% year over year in 2018, reaching more than $540.7 Billion, ...
According to preliminary data from the IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, the China smartphone market declined 15.7% year-over-year (YoY) in 2017Q4 and 4...
Gao Hong-xiang, manager of IDC Global hardware assembly research team, pointed out that the smooth sales of Apple, Huawei, Oppo and Vivo boosted the demands of outsourcing assembly in the fourth quarter of 2016, which led to Hon Hai, Pegatron, Flextronics, Zowee and other related professional assembly to increase its shipments.
In terms of ODM shipping rankings, Wingtech regained its leading position from Huaqin due to the financial problem of LeTV against Huaqin. Longcheer and Chino ranked No.3 and No.4.
IDC projected that the smartphone OEMs will continue to strive for customers from each other under fierce competition between the phone makers. Meanwhile, by expanding their own production capacity to fight for emerging market tariff reduction and China government financial subsidies.
And the rising business risks will be main issue to the phone OEMs in 2017, IDC said.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenues Grow Slower in 1Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2MediaTek Joins ONNX Along with Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon to Promote AI Technologies
- 3ASE and TDK Establish Joint Venture to Provide Wearable Chip Package Solutions
- 4Server DRAM Prices Will Continue to Rise as Server Demand from China Boosts in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 5Intel Introduces ‘Intel AI: In Production’ Program with AAEON