Worldwide PC shipments totaled 62.1 million units in the second quarter of 2018, a 1.4 percent increase from the second quarter of 2017, according to Gartner, Inc...
5G networks may be as much as 10 times more efficient than 4G networks. With this new level of network capability, commu...
"Spending momentum is more concentrated in 2017 mainly due to strong manufacturing demand in memory and leading-edge logic. The NAND flash shortage was more pronounced in the first quarter of 2017 than the previous forecast, leading to over 20 percent growth of etch and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) segments in 2017 with a strong capacity ramp-up for 3D NAND," said Takashi Ogawa, research vice president at Gartner.
According to Gartner's latest view, the next cyclical down cycle will emerge in 2018 to 2019 in capital spending, compared with 2019 to 2020 in the previous quarter's forecast. "Spending on wafer fab equipment will follow a similar cycle with a peak in 2018. While the most likely scenario will still keep positive growth in 2018, there is a concern that the growth will turn negative if the end-user demand in key electronics applications is weaker than expected," said Mr. Ogawa.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Preparations for Mass Production of E Ink’s ACeP Technology to be Completed this Year
- 2Siemens Assists Taoyuan City in Creating an Advanced Smart MRT System
- 3Epistar to Divide Up Semiconductor Operations: Become Fully Devoted to Micro LED
- 4Microsoft and Chung Hua University Establish Taiwan’s First AI+ Experience Center
- 5CTIMES Explores the Current State of Industry 4.0 in Taiwan