Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled 366.2 million units in the second quarter of 2017, a 6.7 percent increase over the second quarter of 2016...
Gartner said 2017 reveal three distinct megatrends that will enable businesses to survive and thrive in the digital economy over the next five to 10 years...
"Spending momentum is more concentrated in 2017 mainly due to strong manufacturing demand in memory and leading-edge logic. The NAND flash shortage was more pronounced in the first quarter of 2017 than the previous forecast, leading to over 20 percent growth of etch and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) segments in 2017 with a strong capacity ramp-up for 3D NAND," said Takashi Ogawa, research vice president at Gartner.
According to Gartner's latest view, the next cyclical down cycle will emerge in 2018 to 2019 in capital spending, compared with 2019 to 2020 in the previous quarter's forecast. "Spending on wafer fab equipment will follow a similar cycle with a peak in 2018. While the most likely scenario will still keep positive growth in 2018, there is a concern that the growth will turn negative if the end-user demand in key electronics applications is weaker than expected," said Mr. Ogawa.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2PC DRAM Contract Price Rose by Over 10% Sequentially in Q2, TrendForce Says
- 3China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA