Industrial 3D printers are slated to grow 27% in 2017, lifted by sales by Hewlett-Packard, according to the Information Network, a New Tripoli-based market research company...
U.S. semiconductor chemical suppliers lost market share to Japanese and European competitors in every major segment over the past decade...
Production of OLEDs for smartphones is proceeding at such a rapid pace that supply will outstrip demand by nearly a 2:1 ratio in 2020.
“A Gen 6 plant with a capacity of 15,000 sheets can produce 45 million 5.7” smartphone displays,” noted Dr. Robert Castellano, President of The Information Network. “In 2020, 1.5 billion smartphone panels will be produced, creating an oversupply situation based on 50% penetration of OLEDs for smartphones.”
Smartphone market growth has slowed since 2015. Shipment growth between 2020 and 2021 will be only be 2.8% to 1,745 smartphones sold, so the oversupply will continue beyond 2020.
On the bright side, while the OLED market for smartphones will be in overcapacity by the end of 2019, OLED for other applications, particularly for TVs, will be another opportunity. The OLED TV panel customer base is expanding -large-sized OLED panel shipments are projected to reach 1.6 million in 2017, up from 900,000 TVs in 2016 and 420,000 in 2015.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 3LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce