The India public cloud services revenue is projected to grow 37.5 percent in 2018 to total US$2.5 billion, up from US$1.8 billion in 2017, according to Gartner, Inc...
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 61.7 million units in the first quarter of 2018, a 1.4 percent decline from the first quarter of 2017...
"Memory continues to lead the semiconductor market higher and is expected to increase 57 percent in 2017 as supply and demand dynamics increase prices. A shortage of memory, and in particular DRAM, is driving semiconductor revenue higher," said Jon Erensen, research director at Gartner. "Strength is spreading to other semiconductor categories as well with nonoptical sensors, analog, discretes and image sensors all forecast to grow over 10 percent in 2017.
"Higher memory costs and component shortages are cause for concern as we enter the fourth quarter," said Mr. Erensen. "Memory is driving the bill-of-materials cost higher across electronic equipment categories and we are starting to see increased costs get passed on by OEMs through higher pricing."
The semiconductor market is expected to increase 4 percent in 2018 and reach $427.4 billion. Gartner forecasts the market to decline 1 percent in 2019 as the memory market turns with leading vendors adding new supply.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 2The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4AUO Announces World’s Highest Resolution Micro LED Display Technology
- 5Asus, Taiwan Mobile, Quanta Collectively Spend NT$1.1B to Establish Taiwan AI Platform