ASML’s led the semiconductor lithography equipment market for its 12th straight year, with a market share of more than 60% for system sales. The company led the market in revenue share for its 16th straight year, achieving a share of more than 85% in 2017.
ASML is also the only supplier of EUV lithography systems, which cost over $100 million. Intel, Samsung Electronics, TSMC, and Globalfoundries are planning on introducing EUV at the 7nm technology node to reduce multi-patterning process steps required of immersion DUV lithography as dimensions approach 7nm. The replacement of immersion DUV by EUV will dramatically reduce deposition, etch, and metrology step, impacting equipment suppliers.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Taipei City Government Invites Tech Leaders to Jointly Develop Smart City
- 2The Three Major Chinese Memory Companies Arrange Trial Production to Begin in 2H18
- 3Increased Supply of IT Panels in 2018 May Pose a Risk of Oversupply
- 4Taiwan Establishes National Quantum Computer Research Project
- 5AMOLED Panel Demand in Smartphone Market Expected to Grow Much Slower Than Expected, IHS Markit Says