HSINCHU, Taiwan –TSMC today announced its 6-nanometer (N6) process, which provides a significant enhancement of its in...
According to TrendForce's newest research report, development momentum of advanced production processes has been dropping due to weakening demand in most end markets...
C.C. Wei said that TSMC's 5nm process is scheduled to enter trial production in the second quarter of next year, and will enter mass production in the second quarter of 2020. Furthermore, in order to meet customers' specific process, TSMC is planning to build a new 8-inch fab for customized design.
Wei also stressed that the 5G and artificial intelligence (AI) will be the main growth momentum of the semiconductor industry. The 5G applications will be gradually deployed in the second half of 2019 to 2020, and AI will also be extended to edge computing from the cloud.
With the help of these technology trends, TSMC forecasted that its revenue will grow by 5% to 10% in the next few years.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1DRAM ASP Poised to Continue Descent into the Second Half-Year, Says TrendForce
- 2TSMC Unveils 6-nm Process with Direct Migration from N7-based Designs
- 3Environmentally-Friendly Palladium Recycling Technology
- 4Limited Smartphone 3D Sensing Market Growth in 2019, Says TrendForce
- 5SCSE to be Held in Taipei to Expand Urban Exchanges and Cooperation Opportunities