HSINCHU, Taiwan –TSMC today announced its 6-nanometer (N6) process, which provides a significant enhancement of its in...
According to TrendForce's newest research report, development momentum of advanced production processes has been dropping due to weakening demand in most end markets...
TSMC’s Board of Directors approved the capital budget, which includes an R&D capital budget and recurring capital budget for Q3. At the same time, the Board of Directors also approved an NT$3.521 billion budget in capitalized leased assets of funding for the second half of the year.
TSMC anticipates an annual capital expenditure of between approximately US$10 billion and US$11 billion this year with 80% of the funds being used for 3nm, 5nm, and 7nm advanced process technologies. TSMC expects that 7nm and 2nd-generation 7nm processes will contribute to 25% of their business performance.
In addition, 10% of funding will be spent on advanced packaging and Transparent Media Adapters (TMA), and another 10% will be utilized as funding for specialized processes. TSMC plans for capital expenditures to remain at between US$10 billion to US$12 billion in the next few years.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1AAEON Announces Cloud Ready Solutions Powered by Microsoft Azure
- 2Promoting AI – Microsoft and Kaohsiung City Government Host iMTduo
- 3NTU College of Medicine Shares Viewpoint Regarding IBM Watson Bottleneck
- 4AUO Showcases Mini LED Backlit LCDs across Diverse Verticals at SID 2019
- 5Taiwan’s NTHU and iStaging Introduce Smart 3D Panorama Reconstruction