TAIPEI, Taiwan - Optical lens supplier, Largan Precision Co., Ltd. on Tuesday announced that it had already signed the construction contract for its new Taichung factory...
Taipei , Taiwan - Largan has confirmed an expansion plan on Sunday, will start looking for about 9.7 hectares of land to build a new plant in Taichung...
The demand for camera functionality in mobile phones is continually increasing, and in addition to having large numbers of pixels, the primary lenses also need to be equipped with high aperture and optical zoom with high magnification. This has created a state of affairs in which the number of lenses has also grown from 5 plastic lenses to 6 or even 8 lenses.
However, as a result of longer distances, the processes are prone to generating heat, and when there are changes in thermal expansion and contraction, the focal length is prone to affecting the autofocus of plastic lenses. In order to rectify this problem, mobile phone manufacturers have begun trying utilizing G+P designs, and adding a glass lens to the original plastic lens has become one the industry’s latest solutions.
In the past, Largan was insisted on using plastic materials; however, they have recently revealed their current attitude of considering investing in G+P lenses which will bring about new competition in the mobile phone lenses market.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Acer Notebook Designs, Including New ConceptD Creator Models, Win 2019 Good Design Awards
- 2MOST Taiwan Tech Arena Leads 12 Medical Startups for the MedTech Conference 2019
- 3Taiwan’s Communications Industry Output Value Increases 1.1% to NT$3.6 Trillion in 2019
- 4FarEasTone to Launch Taiwan’s First 5G IoT Open Trial Field
- 5Andes Technology, Tiempo Secure Announce Strategic Partnership to Enhance RISC-V Platform Security