STMicroelectronics today announced the closing of the full acquisition of Swedish silicon carbide (SiC) wafer manufacturer Norstel AB (“Norstel”)...
STM32WB50* Value Line wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) from STMicroelectronics are a full and pin-compatible derivative of the STM32WB55 System-on-Chip...
“At a time of constrained global capacity for silicon carbide, the full acquisition of Norstel will strengthen our internal SiC ecosystem: it will boost our flexibility, allow us to control better the improvement of yield and quality of the wafers, and support our long-term silicon carbide roadmap and business,” said Jean-Marc Chery, President and CEO of STMicroelectronics.
“This acquisition comes in addition to wafer supply agreements signed with third parties, with the overall goal to secure the required level of wafers to manufacture MOSFET and diodes for the automotive and industrial customer programs that will ramp up over the next years.”
Norstel will be fully integrated into ST’s global R&D and manufacturing operations. It will continue growing its activities covering both the production of 150mm bare and epitaxial silicon carbide wafers and R&D on 200mm production as well as, more broadly, on wide bandgap materials.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1MediaTek Reveals More Details About Dimensity 1000 5G SoC
- 2Automated Test Systems from Kistler Generated Huge Interest at Blechexpo 2019
- 33Q19 NAND Flash Revenue Grows 10% amidst Resurging Pre-Peak Season Demand for Shipment
- 4Global OSAT Market Shows Signs of Recovery in 2H19, But Yearly Revenue to Decline Slightly
- 5Exploring the Humor Styles of Taiwanese From Neurocognitive to Socio-cultural Perspectives