Mitsubishi Electric announced today that it has developed a highly accurate Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit E...
Mitsubishi Electric announced today that it will end the production of TFT-LCD modules manufactured by its wholly owned subsidiary Melco Display Technology Inc...
The module, which uses a minimum number of chip components in the matching circuit to control high-quality signal output, is expected to help realize 5G base-stations that are widely deployable and highly power efficient. Technical details of the new module will be presented at the IEEE International Microwave Symposium this coming August.
In 4G base-stations, which do not use massive Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output (mMIMO) antennas, power amplifiers use metal-foil transmission lines for the matching circuit. While this lowers power loss, resulting in high-efficiency operation, transmission lines take up space and make it difficult to realize base stations that are both extra small and extra power efficient. Mitsubishi Electric’s new technology eliminates the need for transmission lines in 5G power amplifiers.
The new amplifier module’s matching circuit is integrated with surface mount devices (SMDs), such as capacitors and inductors. By introducing a highly accurate electromagnetic field analysis method and applying a unique technology for the dense arrangement of SMDs, Mitsubishi Electric was able to reduce the amplifier’s size to just one-ninetieth that of conventional power amplifiers.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2Apple to Start Mass Producing Self-Designed Mac SoC, Projected to Cost under US$100, in 1H21
- 3Arrow, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics Join Forces to Deliver IoT Modules for Smart Appli
- 4Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData
- 5China Steps up Pace of Mini/Micro LED Commercialization, Total Project Investment Reaches ¥39.1B