Fairchild launched the FMT1000-series of highly accurate Motion Tracking modules, which enables the fast integration of motion intelligence into any system...
Fairchild launched a comprehensive portfolio of USB Type-C solutions that enable manufacturers to quickly and easily add the next generation of USB functionality to smartphones...
The FL7734 solution uses Fairchild’s unique active dimmer driving technology to eliminate visible flicker or shimmer symptoms and deliver over 90% dimmer compatibility with a variety of leading edge, trailing edge and digital dimmers from a wide range of manufacturers. The solution fully meets NEMA SSL 7A-2013 & ENERGY STAR® standards and provides a programmable dimming curve and input current management flexibility.
“The FL7734 driver simplifies LED light designs with broad dimmer compatibility,” said James Lee, technical marketing manager at Fairchild. “LED bulb and phase-cut dimmer suppliers are different, so a good phase-cut dimmable bulb has to operate well with many different dimmers. We developed the FL7734 with this in mind.”
The FL7734 is a Flyback (or Buck-Boost) Pulse-Width Modulator (PWM) controller that uses an advanced Primary-Side Regulation (PSR) technique, which minimizes the external components required for implementation and therefore lowers BOM. To meet stringent LED brightness control requirements, the FL7734 uses Fairchild’s innovative TRUECURRENT® PSR technology for tight constant current (CC) variation with a tolerance of less than ±1% in the wide line voltage range.
Like the FL7733A announced last November at Electronica, the FL7734 can be used in a wide variety of lamps including GU10, candel lights, A19 and PAR30/38 bulbs, down and flat lights, and indoor and outdoor lights. Both solutions deliver a highly precise CC control with better than 1% variation over the entire universal line input operating range.
To meet safety regulations and ensure long-term reliability, the FL7734 device adds comprehensive protection features including dual overvoltage protection for both open-VS and open-VDD conditions, output diode short, and open/short protection for current sense resistor and every pin of the control IC. It also features open-LED, short-LED and over-temperature shutdown protections.
The FL7734 is available in 16-pin Small-Outline Package (SOP).
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3unitech Introduces Its Rugged Smartphone for Retail Solutions – EA500Plus
- 4STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 5Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 6ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 7BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 10Samsung Introduces Industry’s First All-in-One Power ICs Optimized for Wireless Earbuds