Many developers and users of security solutions are looking for ways to get more out of their surveillance systems by deploying intelligent edge computing platforms...
AAEON announces the VPC-3350AI embedded PC featuring Intel Movidius Myriad X. Built for industrial and in-vehicle use, t...
AI Core is a mini-PCIe module powered by Intel Movidius Myriad 2 technology. This low-power module enhances industrial IoT edge devices with hardware accelerated deep learning and enhanced machine vision functionality. AAEON Technology is one of the first IPC manufacturers to address the growing need for Artificial Intelligence on the edge with dedicated hardware.
Most of the available IoT solutions are focused on connecting edge devices to the cloud and these deployments face challenges related to latency, network bandwidth, reliability and security. Experts in this field agree that not all the tasks and decision making processes can be addressed in cloud-only models. AI Core is the solution for cloud limitations by bringing AI performance and hardware acceleration not “at” but “ON” the edge of the Internet of Things.
AI Core is powered by an advanced vision processing unit: the Intel Movidius Myriad 2 VPU. With 512 MB onboard DDR memory this mini card module requires very little energy to enable local deep-learning and computing vision algorithms.
AI Core is ideal for object recognition in products such as drones, high-end virtual reality headsets, robotics, smart home devices, smart cameras and video surveillance solutions.
AI Core is the perfect companion board of UP Squared, the compact expandable board powered by Intel Celeron N3350, Intel Pentium N4200, Intel Atom x5-E3940, and Intel Atom x7-E3950 processor families. However, its mini-PCIe interface makes AI Core compatible with most industrial computer boards in the market.
Using the supported software tools, you can create and train your neural network in the cloud and then run it locally on AI Core.
AI Core is fully compatible with the Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick software development kit. Get started and shorten your integration and deployment by using the comprehensive SDK for Intel Movidius Myriad 2 VPU that contains API and Toolkit.
“Edge AI is not just the future of business. It has now become the present,” AAEON CEO Howard Lin said. “Companies will now have to embrace new technologies in order to build their businesses and move forward. The safest way for them to do that is to work with an innovative IPC company that has a proven track record when it comes to AI solutions. AAEON is the only company that fits the bill.”
- 1AAEON SD-WAN Solutions Powering Work-From-Home to Keep Business Running
- 2Renesas Extends Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity to RA Family of 32-Bit MCUs with Arm Cortex-M Core
- 3VPC-3350AI: Faster Performance for AI at the Edge
- 4STM32Cube MCU Development Software from STMicroelectronics Now on GitHub
- 5HOLTEK New BS83A04C Low Power Enhanced Touch MCU
- 6Toshiba Releases MOSFET Gate Driver Switch IPD for Automotive ECUs
- 7HOLTEK New Arm Cortex-M0+ based 32-bit Flash MCU Series HT32F52357/52367
- 8HOLTEK New Arm Cortex-M0+ Ｂased 32-bit Flash MCU Series HT32F573xx
- 9UP Xtreme: Powering Intelligent Surveillance Solutions
- 10New Vishay Intertechnology Wireless Charging Coils Offer Direct Replacements for EOL Devices