Samsung Electronics today introduced 108 megapixel (Mp) Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX, the first mobile image sensor in the industry to go beyond 100 million pixels...
Samsung Electronics announced that it has begun mass producing 250-gigabyte (GB) SATA solid state drive (SSD) that integ...
“Our horticulture LED solutions are based on LED technologies that deliver proven levels of performance and reliability across an extensive range of lighting applications,” said Yoonjoon Choi, vice president of LED Business Team at Samsung Electronics. “By broadening our lineup to include horticulture LEDs, we are providing global luminaire manufacturers with a one-stop resource for these solutions as well as for our many other LED technologies.”
Samsung’s new horticultural LED – the LH351B Red – is a high-power package providing a wavelength of 660 nanometers (nm) with a photosynthetic photon flux (PPF)* value of 2.15 micromoles per second (μmol/s) (350mA), making it optimal for most types of horticulture lighting. The 660-nm wavelength helps to accelerate the growing of plants including their photosynthesis, as well as enrich the blooming of flowers. The package also features a very low thermal resistance of 2.0 kelvins per watt (K/W), allowing for easier heat dissipation within LED luminaires. Moreover, the LH351B Red uses the same electrode pad design as its LH351 series counterparts, enabling greater PCB design flexibility in luminaire manufacturing.
Beyond its new LH351B Red offering, Samsung has added horticulture specifications to its mid-power packages – LM301B; LM561C, and two linear modules – Q-series and H inFlux. These LED component families now include PPF values of 0.52μmol/s (65mA), 0.49μmol/s (65mA), 24μmol/s (0.45A, 21.9V) and 114μmol/s (1.38A, 46.9V), respectively.
In addition, the white LED packages and modules feature extremely high light efficacy of 2.92 micromoles per joule (μmol/J) (65mA), 2.72μmol/J (65mA), 2.43μmol/J (0.45A, 21.9V) and 1.76μmol/J (1.38A, 46.9V), respectively, while the LH351B Red delivers 3.13μmol/J (350mA). These high efficacy levels minimize the impact of lighting on ambient temperatures, allowing growers to better control temperatures in almost any greenhouse environment and save on energy costs.
- 1Renesas Introduces Ultra-Small RX651 32-Bit MCUs for IoT Modules and Space-Constrained Edge Devices
- 2Toshiba Memory Corporation Introduces XL-FLASH Storage Class Memory Solution
- 3UnitedSiC Adds 2 New 650V SiC FET Packages to UF3C FAST Series
- 4ASDM-S-KBU: Bring the Edge to Smart Display Solutions
- 5TYAN Launches AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor Based Server Platform
- 6STM32Trust Ecosystem from STMicroelectronics Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designe
- 7HOLTEK New HT66F2630 High Accuracy/Low Current LIRC &A/D MCU
- 8New UP Core Plus Modular Boards from AAEON
- 9Nuvoton Launches Brand New M261/M262/M263 Series MCUs for IoT Applications
- 10Avalue’s EPD-42T Revolutionary Patient Communication Board Enabled by E Ink ePaper