The SoM - RIN32M3 module offers you a cost effective and easy to integrate communication solution. With just one module you have the for market leading real-time communication systems. The open interfaces allow you to react flexibly in the connector area. RJ45, M12, M8 or Mini I/O - no problem. An extensive tool offer for management and integration makes the design very efficient. With the integrated update service, you are always up to date.
The SoM product is also interesting for small and medium lots, as it eliminates the significant investment in stacks and their integration effort.
The SoM RIN32M3 is a ready to use, pre-certified (with example application) dual port Ethernet module solution currently available for PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen real-time protocols, including an embedded 2-port Ethernet switch with a 3rd internal port for bus and ring network topologies.
In the SoM – RIN32M3 module a Renesas microcontroller is integrated running a protocol library which supports various kinds of real-time industrial Ethernet communication protocols. With a well-documented generic API (Application Programming Interface), the protocol library can be simply accessed from an application processor in order to exchange real-time network data with the user application via a lean SPI module interface.
The generic API is an abstraction platform for real-time communication offering scalable multi-protocol solutions such as PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen. The external application processor has full control of the protocol stacks running on the module CPU without interfering the modules’ real-time communication or wasting the CPU performance on the host processor.
The currently available industrial Ethernet protocols PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and the common Fieldbus CANopen implementations are complying with the latest specification releases. An extensive tool chain covering evaluation boards (module and application processor), API source code and host application examples including extensive documentation makes the integration into your target application environment quite easy. All this enables the users for a lean and independent connection to existing or new applications, products and networks while accelerating time to market.
The SoM module has been designed for use in industrial applications.
- 1Tiny MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics Enhances Measurement Accuracy
- 2HOLTEK New HT32F0006 Arm Cortex-M0+ Core 32-bit Voice/Music Synthesis Dedicated MCU
- 3Smallest Data Converters Deliver High Integration and Performance
- 4HOLTEK New BA45F5542/BA45F5542-2 Smoke Detector MCU with Power Line Transceiver
- 5STMicroelectronics Adds 6-Axis Inertial Module to Ultra-Low-Power MEMS Sensors
- 6HOLTEK New BH67F2132 1.1V R to F MCU
- 7Portwell Releases an Ultra Compact Embedded System Powered by Intel Atom N Series
- 8Toshiba Announces 16TB MG08 Series Hard Disk Drives
- 9ASIX Single Chip USB KVM Switch Solutions
- 10Toshiba Memory Unveils 1TB Single Package PCIe Gen3 x4L SSDs with 96-Layer 3D Flash Memory