The SoM - RIN32M3 module offers you a cost effective and easy to integrate communication solution. With just one module you have the for market leading real-time communication systems. The open interfaces allow you to react flexibly in the connector area. RJ45, M12, M8 or Mini I/O - no problem. An extensive tool offer for management and integration makes the design very efficient. With the integrated update service, you are always up to date.
The SoM product is also interesting for small and medium lots, as it eliminates the significant investment in stacks and their integration effort.
The SoM RIN32M3 is a ready to use, pre-certified (with example application) dual port Ethernet module solution currently available for PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen real-time protocols, including an embedded 2-port Ethernet switch with a 3rd internal port for bus and ring network topologies.
In the SoM – RIN32M3 module a Renesas microcontroller is integrated running a protocol library which supports various kinds of real-time industrial Ethernet communication protocols. With a well-documented generic API (Application Programming Interface), the protocol library can be simply accessed from an application processor in order to exchange real-time network data with the user application via a lean SPI module interface.
The generic API is an abstraction platform for real-time communication offering scalable multi-protocol solutions such as PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen. The external application processor has full control of the protocol stacks running on the module CPU without interfering the modules’ real-time communication or wasting the CPU performance on the host processor.
The currently available industrial Ethernet protocols PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and the common Fieldbus CANopen implementations are complying with the latest specification releases. An extensive tool chain covering evaluation boards (module and application processor), API source code and host application examples including extensive documentation makes the integration into your target application environment quite easy. All this enables the users for a lean and independent connection to existing or new applications, products and networks while accelerating time to market.
The SoM module has been designed for use in industrial applications.
- 1Toshiba Starts Shipment of UL 508 Certified Photorelays for Industrial Control Equipment
- 2Avalue Announces Launch of Cloud-based Device Management Software - Renity Sentinel V3.0
- 3STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32G4 MCUs for Next-Gen Digital Power Applications
- 4Toshiba Memory Corporation Announces XG6-P SSD Series
- 5Toshiba Launches New Family of Low Voltage Driven Photorelays
- 6u-blox Takes Continuous Lane Accurate Positioning to Challenging Urban Environments
- 7HOLTEK New BA45F5222 Smoke Detector MCU
- 8PLCC-RGB-LEDs For Sophisticated Lighting Solutions
- 9STMicroelectronics’ Programmable Power-Management Device Saves Space and Increases Reliability
- 10AI Core XP4 and XP8: The Flexible AI Solution with Intel Myriad X