STMicroelectronics has teamed with Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints) to develop an advanced Biometric System-on-Card (...
STMicroelectronics today announced the signing of two M&A agreements related to the acquisitions of the entire share cap...
Protected by a viscous potting gel inside the cylindrical metal package, the IPx8-rated LPS33W withstands salt water, chlorine, bromine, detergents such as hand soap and shampoo, e-liquids, and light industrial chemicals such as n-pentane. The package lid provides high corrosion resistance, and the cylindrical form factor is easy to use with o-rings in applications that require a sealed enclosure.
The unique properties of ST’s proprietary gel formula, together with the sensor’s built-in signal-conditioning ASIC, ensure class-leading 0.008hPa RMS pressure noise thereby allowing outstanding measurement resolution. Susceptibility to reflow-soldering stress during assembly is also extremely low, drifting less than ±2hPa and recovering normal accuracy in 72 hours; more than twice the speed of other sensors. Temperature compensation keeps accuracy within ±3hPa over the operating range from 0°C to 65°C.
The LPS33W operates at just 15µA in high-performance mode, with a 3µA low-power mode and 1µA power-down to help maximize runtime of battery-powered devices. A generous 128-bit FIFO stores up to 40 slots of 32-bit pressure and temperature data, helping save extra power by minimizing intervention from the host microcontroller. A low-pass filter and I2C and SPI digital interfaces are also built-in.
The LPS33W is in mass production now, in a 3.3mm-diameter x 2.9mm cylindrical metal case.
- 1STMicroelectronics Launches Web-based Ecosystem to Help Digital-power Solutions
- 2HOLTEK New HT32F50343 32-bit 5V USB MCU for RGB LED Strip Control Applications
- 3Renesas Unveils Industry’s Highest Accuracy Optically Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulator
- 4BOXER-8251AI: More Power, Greater Flexibility for AI at the Edge
- 5KEMET Introduces Three New Series of Film Capacitors
- 6HOLTEK New BM32S2021-1 Proximity Sensing Module
- 7BlueNRG-2 Development Kit from STMicroelectronics Unleashes Bluetooth 5.0 Performance and Efficiency
- 8Avalue Embedded E-paper Information Display Solution EPD-3133
- 9Cincoze GM-1000 Embedded GPU Computer Empowers Superior Performance for Machine Vision Applications