STMicroelectronics’ Unico GUI greatly simplifies configuring the finite state machine and machine learning core (FSM a...
STMicroelectronics has joined forces with Virscient, a provider of hardware and software development services and suppor...
Protected by a viscous potting gel inside the cylindrical metal package, the IPx8-rated LPS33W withstands salt water, chlorine, bromine, detergents such as hand soap and shampoo, e-liquids, and light industrial chemicals such as n-pentane. The package lid provides high corrosion resistance, and the cylindrical form factor is easy to use with o-rings in applications that require a sealed enclosure.
The unique properties of ST’s proprietary gel formula, together with the sensor’s built-in signal-conditioning ASIC, ensure class-leading 0.008hPa RMS pressure noise thereby allowing outstanding measurement resolution. Susceptibility to reflow-soldering stress during assembly is also extremely low, drifting less than ±2hPa and recovering normal accuracy in 72 hours; more than twice the speed of other sensors. Temperature compensation keeps accuracy within ±3hPa over the operating range from 0°C to 65°C.
The LPS33W operates at just 15µA in high-performance mode, with a 3µA low-power mode and 1µA power-down to help maximize runtime of battery-powered devices. A generous 128-bit FIFO stores up to 40 slots of 32-bit pressure and temperature data, helping save extra power by minimizing intervention from the host microcontroller. A low-pass filter and I2C and SPI digital interfaces are also built-in.
The LPS33W is in mass production now, in a 3.3mm-diameter x 2.9mm cylindrical metal case.
- 1HOLTEK New HT66F2740 High Voltage and High Current MCU
- 2Avalue Introduces EMX-C246P, the Mini ITX Embedded Industrial Motherboard
- 3BOXER-8130AI: Machine Vision that Sees the Whole Picture
- 4Vishay Intertechnology Launches Industry's First AEC-Q200 Qualified Ceramic Disc Capacitors
- 5Toshiba Launches Sensorless Control Pre-Driver IC for Automotive BLDC Motors
- 6Avnet Introduces Ultra96-V2 Development Board
- 7New STM32WB Dual-Core Wireless MCUs from STMicroelectronics
- 8Samsung’s 5G Multi-Mode Exynos Chipsets
- 9AAEON Launches of Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- 10Water-Resistant MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics